Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - January is too far away!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

January is too far away!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAIRat
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: January is too far away! Reply with quote

We are going as a HUGE group (24 people) in January and I am so excited! My family will be staying at the Riviera and the rest will be at Pop Century so we will be able to hop the Skyliner back and forth. Saving up now so that I can go to both Savi's & Droid Depot. I have been deliberately keeping myself in a self-imposed media blackout of most of Galaxy's Edge so I can see it for the first time in person. (Already warned my wife that I may cry when we get there.)
'00 - Studios Merch (Stage 1/Tatooine Traders/Coaster Photo/Fantasmic), '05-'06 - Attractions (KSR), Dinoland Merch, '06-'07 - Concierge (Multiple Resorts), '07-'08 - Dream Squad (Aminal Kingdom), '10 - DVC Member Services
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAIRat, definitely jealous and I lost the media blackout fight a while ago - I was just too curious. Even though I've seen it, I still think I'm going to get emotional. I'm pretty sure my inner 12-year-old will go into sensory overload.

Have lots o' fun. January will be here sooner than you think!
CAIRat
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. It seems so far away and yet so close. Only videos I have seen have been inside the Droid Depot (mostly because my 4-year-old insists on seeing them and is already saving to build himself a BB unit when we are there) and a couple of Savi's but I have avoided the walking around/exterior videos as much as possible. SOOOO glad that Rise of the Resistance will be open when we are there.

It's gonna be interesting trying to herd 24 people but the plan is to start out together for a couple hours and then let everyone go off and do their own stuff until dinner. Booked our dinners at Bome, Chef Mickey, Coral Reef, Cape May & Teppan Edo (but hoping to swap that one out for the Space restaurant when/if it is open by then).
'00 - Studios Merch (Stage 1/Tatooine Traders/Coaster Photo/Fantasmic), '05-'06 - Attractions (KSR), Dinoland Merch, '06-'07 - Concierge (Multiple Resorts), '07-'08 - Dream Squad (Aminal Kingdom), '10 - DVC Member Services
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your plan. We once did about 12 people (the youngest was 9) at Disneyland for a one day. All the adults had planned in advance the path, and we had also planned for a split because there was a cadre of rides that some of the group had asked to do that others weren't down for - so we started out okay. The mistake we made is that we allotted for no flexibility in our schedule - something we should have foreseen given that we had kids/teenagers with us who were (understandably) caught up with impulse response. The moment we tried to adjust the plan on the fly, everything spiraled and tempers even flared. It was kind of nutty.

Interestingly, the best group strategy was when we went in a group of 8, half of whom were between 8-14. We had no-preplan, but told the four kids they were to work it out. The four adults agreed to do whatever and we only had to insert ourselves when we realized the kids would not stop to eat unless told to Razz

No matter what happens, the craziest day at Disney is still better than the best day in the real world Very Happy
CAIRat
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Structure is the bane of a large group. We went to Disneyland a couple years back in a group of around 16 and we found it worked really well to start our day at the same place, hit a few rides and then let everyone go their separate ways until we all met for lunch then scatter again until dinner. Managed to avoid any confrontations and everyone had a great time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: