Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Galaxy's Edge (WDW or DLR)

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Galaxy's Edge (WDW or DLR)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Galaxy's Edge (WDW or DLR) Reply with quote

Ok, so Galaxy's Edge has been open in DLR for a few months, and in WDW for a little while. What are people's thought's/impressions/etc.

We went to the one in DLR. I like Star Wars, but I'm not a super-fan type of person. When we first entered the area, I though it looked pretty cool. I then had a runin with a couple of Storm Troopers who weren't happy I was using an unauthorized data pad. It was unexpected and fun/weird. We wandered around and took it all in, but noticed that signage was not easy to find/read. We basically walked into places to see what they were. And the majority was merch. We did find Oga's and where you can make a Light Saber and where you can build a droid (we built an R2 unit). We also did Smugglers Run (I was a pilot how handled left and right).

The signage was tough, but not horrible. The abundance of merch places was a little underwhelming since they all pretty much had the same stuff. We didn't partake in the milking station, but it seemed pretty popular. Over all, I thought it was cool and the atmosphere was pretty emursive. The CM's seemed very uninterested in the guests, but most of them would play the part if you interacted with them (not so much at the droid shop). They all seemed more interested in talking to other CM's. We were also disappointed in Oga's due to the lack of drinks and foods. But it was a fun experience.

What are your thoughts?

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing it. The pictures look great, but it will be a while. I'm not planning any trips for the near or midrange future, and would rather wait until after the crowds die out.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is amazing... esp if you are a Star Wars fan. I can see where casuals may not specifically recognize anything, but Star Wars fans will say it is in the Star Wars galaxy.

Def use the app and play some of the games, really helps to get into it. Making ships power up, creatures and droids move, etc... is really cool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: