King Arthur Carousel Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - New here, and very happy to have found my online Disney home

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

New here, and very happy to have found my online Disney home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Member Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: New here, and very happy to have found my online Disney home Reply with quote

I don't remember exactly when my parents and I moved to Casselberry, Florida from South Florida in the late '80s, but I do remember all the times we went to Walt Disney World. Every weekend. Annual passes. Sometimes even during the week just for dinner. We went so often that a lot of the employees knew us by name.

I miss those days and especially regret that the last time I ever went to the Magic Kingdom before my family (parents and little sister) moved to Southern California was for my high school Grad Nite in 2002. It may have been exciting for other students from my school and other schools, but not for me. For one, it was decided to close down the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and the Carousel of Progress so no damage was caused by potentially rowdy students. Those are two of my favorite attractions in Tomorrowland, and are two-thirds of the reason I spent hours upon hours in Tomorrowland whenever my family and I went to the Magic Kingdom. Only made it once on Space Mountain, my tip-top favorite attraction, because of a constant 75-minute wait.

But all those memories from all those years at Walt Disney World, I'm glad they're mine. I loved riding at the front of the monorail, sitting in my sky blue-topped stroller at the Tomorrowland Theater, watching whatever show there was. I don't remember the shows, but I just remember Mickey bounding across the stage in a silver spaceman's uniform.

I found utilidors.com through a video on YouTube that had the name show up at the end. I had started to listen to Disney theme park music at length a few days prior and had stuck to the live365.com stations, little realizing until the day before yesterday that there was actually a limit on how long you could listen to it for free. But utilidors.com has not only everything that those stations had on Live365, but also what I never heard on those stations. This is truly a rich Disney resource for me, a Disney nut (my forever-favorite movie is "Mary Poppins," with "The Jungle Book" 3rd in that list), especially into the theme parks.

I fear simply rattling on right now without making further sense, so I'll stop here for now. I can sense already that equally dedicated Disney fans reside here and I'm excited about that.

EDIT: Just read the special announcement. I seem to have this disappointing habit of coming in at the end of something good. And I want so badly want to kick in that $144.25, but first am not sure if that will do any good at this point, and secondly, my bank account keeps growing this annoying black hole. But even so, thank you for the few days of pleasure you've provided me. Over the five years I've lived in Southern California, it's been hard adjusting to Disneyland, since I grew up on Walt Disney World, and so the music here has helped those happy memories re-emerge.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read into that forum a little more, you'll see that we have rescinded the decision to close UAB.

When we all became aware of how much of a serious impact we've had on our members, we just couldn't bring ourselves to closing it down.

So welcome, enjoy, and continue to share your memories! We all love hearing those stories!

FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My profuse apologies. There are times when I'm working online at the same time while reading various forum posts, and as evidenced, I go too fast.

I'm overjoyed that UB will still be around. Over the past few months, I've been looking for steady music to listen to while working on a freelance writing newsletter at night (owned by someone else), and reviews for a site called Screen It, and I've tried to re-energize a mild interest in jazz. Some I like, but I've realized that it's especially useless just sitting through music and not being engaged in it. After finding this site, it wasn't hard to be engaged in the music.

EDIT at 4:29 p.m.: Almost forgot to mention: Even in those rare times when I'm online only for a few minutes, I always come here and click on the "remote" function of Now Playing just to see what's being heard. Sometimes just the titles bring back the memories.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy you found us! Smile Have fun!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure am. There's a unique feeling of community here too which adds to this constant happy experience.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously...it's the second happiest place on Earth! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to be. Whenever the full version of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is played (YouTube can only do so much and nearly all the videos aren't well-shot), I feel the attraction again, each moment, and am reminded of the times when I went with my sister and improvised a new, dirtier script out loud. Got many laughs from the Doom Buggies near me.

Having a Grad Nite crowd around helps too for sure. One of those times, I chaperoned my sister's Grad Nite and was probably one of the few chaperones not hanging out at the Plaza Inn. Those were weary veterans, most likely. I was new, and because I have only one sister, it was the only time I was a chaperone. But still, a lot of fun.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"second happiest place on Earth!"

Wow... now where was that when we were having the contest for a UAB Tag line. I can't think of a better one....
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Filmbuff90!
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the fun! You'll love it here! Smile
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to UAB!!!! Hope you enjoy everything this great site has to offer even the Off Kilter music! Very Happy
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes welcome to UAB

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wdwaddict wrote:
Welcome to UAB!!!! Hope you enjoy everything this great site has to offer even the Off Kilter music! Very Happy

I've heard a few songs from Off Kilter and they've got wonderful energy.
SavetheKing87
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to UAB!!!
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Your avatar's fascinated me for the past minute. Where's it from?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Member Check In All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: