Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Funny "Weird Al" New Jungle Cruise Video

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Funny "Weird Al" New Jungle Cruise Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Music Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Funny "Weird Al" New Jungle Cruise Video Reply with quote

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=60350142
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was both cute and weird... Have to listen a few more times to decide which.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was depressing... I really appreciate the show that the good skippers put on. When you get that really good skipper, it makes the trip. I'll never forget the recording from that guy from the Disnelandian web site's Jungle Cruise section who was absolutely hilarious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if that song is a metaphor for Weird Al's career. In other words, deep down he really wants to be a serious musician and he has some real talent, but he's stuck in this character where he's putting on pulp shows that are really beneath his ability.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
I wonder if that song is a metaphor for Weird Al's career. In other words, deep down he really wants to be a serious musician and he has some real talent, but he's stuck in this character where he's putting on pulp shows that are really beneath his ability.
Interesting question. There is no question the man is incredibly talented as both a performer and as a creator. And he has a huge following. I never thought to ask if he was trapped by his success.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling this was inspired by a ride on the Cruise...and perhaps some revealing aside facial expressions from his guide. Although I know that most of the Captains really enjoy doing it...there's gotta be a few who feel exactly this way...

I really enjoyed the video though. I met Al in the LAX airport on a trip back to Chicago once. He was very nice...and was actually being accompanied by a pretty hot lady friend.
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I agree with the rest of you. It was fun and weird and slightly depressing and I wonder if he's feeling that way about himself.

But that being said, it was nice to see the attention to detail paid to our beloved Jungle Cruise.

A Bengal Tiger can jump over 30 feet...
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty funny.

Like the same-old-same-old on that job is much different than most others.
jasonflz
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Shocked I thought I noticed my skipper making a gun gesture to his head. Confused
techiegsy
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, it's a nice joke. He's obviously not done all his research though, there are some inaccuracies Razz
alsirrap
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something strange about this video, I liked the humor, but also, felt a little offended. I don't think even the skippers were offended by this, so, I don't know why it affected me that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Music Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: