Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Happy Birthday Disneyland!!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Happy Birthday Disneyland!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Happy Birthday Disneyland!! Reply with quote

She's a young 57 today!!

Anyone going to visit for her special day?

onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish!

Still looking at an autumn trip to check out the Disneyland Halloween Party Smile I'm still cooking the books and looking at vacation time. Man, work and money sure do get int he way of Disney fun!

I haven't made it to a Disney Birthday in a number of years…it's always fun---but SO crowded in the heat of summer.

Happy Day to the Park we all love!

: )
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been to DL on the 17th. On the actual 50th, we were in WDW, oddly enough. But we were there for the kick-off of the 50th celibration, which was awesome!

Oh well, maybe some day....

ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we need to "plan" a trip for a DL Birthday Celebration - When we were there for the "kick-off" for the 50th that was awesome - rain and all - It would be a very special trip to do on the "actual" day - perhaps someday - it would be hot but worth it - Do they do anything special in the Park on this day? would be fun to know - Smile
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there is ANOTHER reason to plan a trip! Shocked

The 50th was fun--I too was there in May (well, I guess the three of us who have commented so far were in there together!) What a day!!

I think ocmsma needs to figure out what her retirement job will be so she can finance all the trips she wants to take!!

It doesn't seem that anything really is done, is there…maybe an announcement or button?? Was anyone there?

: )
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they typically do anything special for the "off-year" birthdays.

On July 17, 2005 (yes, I was there), they handed out golden Mickey ears and had special guidemaps that reproduced the opening day park map. They also had a special ceremony, but overall, it was one of the less crowded days I've spent at Disneyland.

I've been to Disneyland on one other birthday (July 17, 2002), and I don't think they acknowledged the birthday in any way.

On October 1, 2011 at Magic Kingdom (I was there, too), they handed out 40th anniversary buttons and had special guidemaps. In the morning, they had a brief (unremarkable) ceremony in front of the castle. I also went to EPCOT Center later that day and they didn't do anything whatsoever to acknowledge EPCOT's 29th birthday.

The moral of the story is, plan your birthday trips in 5-year intervals for maximum enjoyment.
DisneyChris
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering if any bif plans are in the works for the upcoming 60th anniversary in two years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: