Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Big Changes Coming to Epcot's Spaceship Earth

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Big Changes Coming to Epcot's Spaceship Earth
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
Yeah, like anyone important at Disney pays attention to forums.....

Yeah!!! If they did pay attention to what the fans wanted (like Walt supposedly did) there would be a New Peoplemover, the same old Country Bear Jamboree, and NO changing to Tom Sawyer at DL!!!! Evil or Very Mad
markb
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw the new post ride area while we were there a few weeks ago and it's great already and it's no where near complete. Good Job The big globe is fantastic. We stood and watched it for ages. There are even benches to sit on and watch it from. By the time we left to return home the ride was closed for "Refurbishment" according to the tips boards in Futureworld. Sad I can't wait to get back in December and see what, if anything, has changed Very Happy
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm kinda sad it'll be down in october. but...hm should be back up, so...
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some pics this past weekend, I will try and get some posted tonight.... Smile
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pics I took of the new post-show, "Project Tomorrow"...

Click images for larger versions

Super Drive is one of the new "games"... it is a driving game that has some really cool graphics, the CGI is incredible and has a lot of depth...

Body Builder is the other new game, not sure the exact premise behind the game, the lines were crazy and I'm a passholder (which means, I don't wait in lines, heh.... AP Joke)... But, we did notice that it requires 3-D glasses to play the game...

The games are around the outer edges of the room, there is a giant globe screen and benches in the middle... the graphics on the globe looked really good and interesting...

Over all, I think they are doing a really good job.... it "feels" like old school Epcot/SSE, but for the new millenium... They only have a few of the games open right now, but there were still several construction walls, so I think more are to come (probably open with a few, to start buzz and open the rest after SSE goes down for referb)...
markb

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Superdriver" was really fun, especially as my partner doesn't drive :lol

We didn't get to play Body Builder as we don't queue either Wink The idea is that you view a skeleton in 3D as you build it from bones as they are delivered to you. As you put the parts in the right place the head tells you about them. The voice is done by the same guy who did Rex in Toy Story Very Happy
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, one more for tonight. I've always had a special place for all of Epcot over the years and have had to sit idly by and wait along with everyone else to see how long it would take for the company to try and reclaim their place as the premier creative entity they are/were. From what I've been able to gather concerning SSE let me just say that any improvement at this point in time is more than welcome. While I remember my first time on the ride being very special; everything from the music, the characters, their voices, and yes, Walter Cronkite's melifuous narration, (yes I go back that far), I always thought that maybe they could have tightened up the ending a little better. After all, all of Disney's dark and AA attractions were scripted like movies to begin with so I felt there could be a better final act to go out on. If, judging by the pictures here is any indication of the refurb than maybe SSE can be seen as the flagship attraction it once was and could be again. Peace.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be a bit more selfish in my post... I hope this is re-opened by the time I get down there... even if it is just a soft opening...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: