Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - SSE's Wand Is Coming Down... Confirmed!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

SSE's Wand Is Coming Down... Confirmed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the the story with that wand anyway? I know it was temporary, but what happened at the end of 2000? I'm thinking managment realized it would be cheaper to put new letters on it, than to have it torn down. And that is why it stayed for another 7 years. At least Epcot has the bragging rights fo having the worlds larget billboard. I actually think it looked good AT NIGHT AND AT NIGHT ONLY. I cant wait till it's rebuilt over the castle, with cake#2. But seriously, why did a temporary thing stay for so long?
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all my ranting about the wand, SSE looked a bit naked. Now I'll have to get used to it. But I do like the change...I think!

Donna had never seen SSE without the wand and misses it. With the wand is "the original" way for her.
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup,,its back to being the giant golf ball!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to think of it as a giant hamster ball!

It was weird, but I thought it looked normal and never really thought about it until someone brought it up that SEE looks normal again.

And I prefer it this way too!

Incredibles
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one reason it was left up for so long was so that they could justify the cost of the whole thing. It doesn't make much sencse to spend SO much money on something that would only be up for 18 months. It's just that having '2000' on it didn't make much sense, so they changed it to 'Epcot'.
Incredibles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also concerning SSE lookinh naked, I think alot of Epcot would naked to us if they reverted back to the way Futureworld looked when it first opened. That is the complaint alot of "purists" have is that it doesn't look as clean form a design stadpoint anymore with all the banners and such.

Personally, I think SSE looks great and Epcot looks great also. Some change is good and spices things up!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree some change is good, but those twirlly things and awnings ain't it. If they needed shade, they should have added trees
Incredibles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see trees as a possible alternative. However, trees grow and can block the line of sight that sometimes is important at Epcot.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And those twirly things and awnings ruin it pretty well themselves. there have to be other alternatives. Those just look so cheap. disney should be able to find something better.
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked the shades and twirly things. I dont know why. I guess cause it's symetrical. I don't know. Maybe it's just cause I like things that move, even though they made no sence. They seem to go really low budget well with the whole Innoventions theme. But now that I think of it, I always hated Innoventions. That was right at the beginning of the Eisner cheapskate era. I say they convert Universe of Ellen into a driver. They can add a 1,000 foot tower, so you can see all of WDW. Maybe with all this nano technology, they'll have a material strong enough to build it slightly bent, or flexed. They could even reuse the mickey hands from the wand, and put them at the top. Then it will look like the golf ball is about to get hit over to Animal Kingdom. Maybe I'll photoshop that someday.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a great pictorial explanation for why Epcot has lost a lot of it's magic, look here: http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/2006/04/its-fun-to-be-freeway.html

I love the side by side comparison between the old striking World of Motion building with the beautiful lighting and today's Test Track.

Perfect example
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scfireman
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
For a great pictorial explanation for why Epcot has lost a lot of it's magic, look here: http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/2006/04/its-fun-to-be-freeway.html

I love the side by side comparison between the old striking World of Motion building with the beautiful lighting and today's Test Track.

Perfect example

Thanks fior the link I am a fan of http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness, looks so much better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: