Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Here is the TRIP REPORT I promised

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Here is the TRIP REPORT I promised
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Here is the TRIP REPORT I promised Reply with quote

I have to begin by stating this trip was filled with lots of Highs and lows. If that is really possible in the happiest place on earth. I have to prefice this report with this statement only because I can't believe this trip was filled with so much drama I thought I was dreaming.

We arrived Sat July 14th. We Flew Air Tran.. Good airline on time great flights We flew out of Chicago Midway and arrived in Orlando at 1;15 in the afternoon. We got our rental car from Payless ( a relatively new provider) Got a Toyota corolla for the week $174.00.. not a bad deal Arrived at the condo ( stayed off property Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa) turkey lake rd and Sand Lake rd. Gorgeous property but way way way too crowded. Golf carts everywhere traffic in and out of the main entrance. I could go on and on... Mad Anyway, great 2 bedroom condo with built in 50inch Big screen tv in the liv room wall a full kitchen 2 bathrooms a huge round jacuzzi tub marble floors and a great screened in patio overlooking a lake.. We unpacked an then went to walmart the new one just down the road, what a horrible experience no cashiers the deli was slow it turns out it was that slow all week ( we went several times for things) hung out at the condo all evening to prepare for the MK the next morning.

Sunday July 15th MAGIC KINGDOM
We have charector breakfast dining reservations at the Crystal Palace at 8:00 am...
We arrive at the Parking lot at 7:45 and get a great pkg spot. ( FRONT ROW) We hop on the monorail ( Myself, wife , and nanny friend and our 14 month old daughter) I have diaper bag, stroller camera case( which is important you'll find out in a minute) wifes purse, etc..... The monorail arrives at 7:55 we get off we get to security to have our bags check and ... OH NO.... Shocked Surprised I left the camera case (digital camera inside) on the monorail. I run back up to the station to let them know we just got off and can someone check the last car for a camera case. So they called and YES they did have it and sent it on the next express monorail. Well that killed about 45 minutes of our morning, we were late for he breakfast and had to hurray to get back on our schedule.
The breakfast was not good, The lines were way too long for food. Defenitley not worth the 20$ plus dollars a piece i paid. WE hit Adventureland first 10 minute wait for Pirates, first time on it since 2005, the jack sparrow referb really took alot of the music away... We then headed for Splash and BTM minimal waits.... Around 11:30 the baby napped we strolled to fantasyland rode IASW, peter pan, Snow white, Dumbo and Mickeys Philharmagic. ( The baby melted down the last half, so I stood in the back with her) She was figiting, and fussy and kept taking things out of my shirt pocket and throwing them or dropping them. (very important detail I'll explain later) We headed back to the condo for a break, swim, nap..... We went back to MK at 8:30 for Spectro magic and wishes , but as we were leaving the condo for the nights festivities ,I checked my pocket ( remember??)for the park tickets and only found 2 ( out of 3) so i went into panic mode, ran upstairs tore the bedroom apart, and all rooms associated with it. NO DICE... It seems the items being pulled from my front pocket 1 was a 5 day park hopper..... So after hearing it from my wife the entire drive to MK Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad We decided to purchase another one at the kiosk thinking we were out of luck, I mean it was our own fault after all.... So $263.00 on the CC for another one, we go in and I decide it was worth a try to try to explain what happened at guest relations ( city hall) so I went in with my hat in hand Embarassed and explained , and within 2 seconds the cast member had our tickets brought up in the computer and saw we used all 3 in succession earlier in the morning, he was able to cancel the one missing reissue a new one and he put $263.00 back on our CC... Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Can you say Out of the doghouse???? WOO HOO!!!
I strolled back to the wife and nanny and baby and presented the new ticket and story and the Disney Magic that we just witnessed made our Trip...... Spectromagic was fantastic, we raced to Space Mountain ( finally) i only waited all day.. 3 times ( rider switch is awsome!!! Very Happy Just in time for wishes.... Great show ... Then home to the condo..... What a Day

Monday July 16th Animal Kingdom
Let the baby sleep in to avoid early meltdown, the daytime temps have been in the 93-95 range each day so far..... Arrived at 10:00 started with Kilimanjaro Safari.. Not much activity, the Little red story is no longer, animals mostly non existent....Headed to Expedition Everest Rode 3 times ( LOVE LOVE LOVE) That ride is tremendous, especially the backwards part..... Ate luch at Tusker House ( Fried Chicken sandwich Sad ) Headed to dinosaur and primevil whirl...... caught Jammin Jungle parade ( great parade) and finished the day with Festival Of the Lion King. No evening activities....Rest from the heat all day... I must make a comment here about the Baby Care center in AK... FANTASTIC!!! Lots of room and spacious enough for the kid to walk and run around, friendly staff....

Tuesday July 17th COCOA BEACH/Downtown Disney
A midweek touring break, drove 45 minutes to the beach sat in the sun, played in the water and went to the pier for shopping and lunch. Great sunny hot day, perfect for the beach.... Drove home at 3:30 Headed to DD at 6:00 hit every shop and spent a ton by 10:00pm Had dinner at Fultons crab house. ( good food)

Wednesday July 18th Disney/MGM Studios
Got to the park at 10:30 did Rockin Roller Coaster 3 times and Tower of Terror 3 times went to GMR wait was 90= minutes (NO FASTPASS) ARE ya kidding me..... Had lunch at Brown Derby ( I remember now why i hate this resteraunt (very limited menu) i had the old stand by Cobb Salad ( I forgot I hated it last time) We did Indy Jones and Playhouse Disney and Muppet 3D. We did the backlot tour ( about suffocated to death in the heat when the entire tour group is cramped standing up in the first area (naval boat scene) must have been 350 people cramped and stuffed together in 100+ degree no circulation area.. It was horrific.. We did the streets of America took some pictures and headed out. My wife and I decided we brought a nanny for a reason so she stayed at the condo and her and I came back at 6:45 (mainly to catch FANTASMIC) we rode ToT 3 more times and RnR2 more times.. We were hungry for Turkey legs from teluca legs ( SOLD OUT!!!!) I mean is that even possible???? so we settled for long Chili cheese dogs Oh yeah did i mention they were out of COKE and Ice too!!??? Yep just a typical summer crowd day at WDW...... We then waited for FANTASMIC 10:30 show... which was way to familiar from that afternoons experience on the backlot tour... 7,000 people all crowed and stuffed down this walkway lined with trees to the the theatre... NOT MOVING for 40 minutes... Very hot and sweaty and aggravating..... Eventually they let us in and we had great seats just to the right of center on the end... Great Show...We left the park right away ( not before my wife shopped somemore as we strolled out.

Thursday July 19th, EPCOT
The park I was waiting for all week... The WAND The Wand is coming down... We arrived at 10:45 strolled through innoventions, and various shops... Headed directly to Club Cool which i must report to all UAB'ers MY WIFE LOVES BEVERLY IT IS HER FAVORITE..... SHe said it tastes different from the last time.... I told her I have met noone who has ever liked it.... SHE LOVES IT.. She just kept tossing them back.... I stopped counting at like 12.... We bought a couple of the cups that you can design yourself by putting ears and feet on them..... Headed to NEMO... What a great ride.... I love the effects, very kid friendly... very well thought out.... We then headed to Soarin... Now this was my first time.. The lines were ridiculous my previous trips... I must say very well done.. LOVED IT!! the wait was 70 minutes Saw the dream squad passing out lanyards .. they were really only handing them to families with kids in line since my wife and i were by ourselves we didn't recieve anything... I thought that was a little strange.... We saw several people not get them who didn't have the family look.
We then did The world showcase Hit Mexico first and had lunch at the San Angel Inn.. Great food... Did the 3 caballeros ride ( cute) headed to norway for the Maelstrom ( I always love that one) and toured all the way to America.. Then a huge Thunderstorm makes it appearence and POURS RAIN..... 2 hours later we head to france and UK and the Rose and Crown pub and FISH N Chips!!!! We did not stay for illuminations because it was raining still. We left at 7:45pm a long day in itself....

Friday July 20th (My Birthday!!!) MAGIC KINGDOM
Well its my 38th birthday, so I wanted to be in the park at open we get there at 9:00am and head straight to SM.. We then head to SPLASH Mountain and BTM we head to Pirates 60 minute wait already..(Why does this ride not have FASTPASS...?).. Sad Crying or Very sad We tour frontierland, and head to Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch ( I had the Pot Roast) fabulous... Razz The baby goes to the care center for a break while the wife and i head to Space Mountain... BROKE DOWN!!!! Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad We hit TTA and Buzz lightyear and come back to space mountain. We ride it 2 times and hook back up with the baby and nanny... I then decide to go the rider switch with the nanny on Space mountain, This is where i wish i could turn back time ( insert Cher song here) We get right in and head to the cars.. As I am getting situated in my car I am debating on where to put my camera I first put it in the pouch thingy inside the car then i think to myself what if i forget, so i pull it out, then i think no I wont forget it so i put it back, then as the car is going i pull it out and put it in my shirt pocket... As we are going up the lift hill I put my arm wrapped over my front shirt pocket to protect the camera.... Well as we start making our descent through the ride we hit a woopdee ( a quick downhill uphill) part and i felt the camera lift right out of my pocket and float in midair..... I thought the camera fell to the floor in the car.. so I start feeling around for it the rest of the ride oblivious to what is even happening in the ride all I could think of was losing that camera and its 400 pictures i have taken.and facing the wrath of wifee...... I began to get sick to my stomach and wanted to get to the station so i could check the cars... When we arrived at the station i start searching frantically for my camera, they said i could not hold up the cars to please move aside, i refused to. I told them they could wait they said they could not... I then lost my temper and explained what was lost Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil They could care less told me to go to City hall and report it. I was more afraid of telling my wife that the camera was gone ..... AGAIN.... Well I reported it and my day was ruined we left they told me they do a thourough search every night and walk the entire attraction and they retrieve garbage bags full of stuff every night.. So I prayed... We had Birthday dinner reservations at California Grill ( contemporary) at 7:20pm we had cocktails and had the most wonderful meal you could imagine ( Beef filet) recieved a complimentary birthday photo of us and a free chocolate dessert... it was wonderful.... We then headed to MK for the spectromagic and wishes fireworks and 1 more last ride on SPACE MOUNTAIN....
we left with the throngs of people and shopped a little more...

Saturday July21 Leaving
Our plane departs at 1:45 I am thinking 1:05 I have to head to MK Lost and Found at 8:30 to be there by 9:00 to check the inventory of last nights finds... I wait my turn only to find out that no cameras were found last night. So its 10:00 by now, I decide to hop the monorail to City hall and see if maybe they are holding it.... I have to get security to walk me in since I have no more valid admission tickets, I wait my turn only to find out they have nothing, so I register my lost item with them in hopes of if they find an item that matches my description they will call me. I hop the monorail back to TTC and my car it is now 10:45 and i have to hop on I-4 to the condo TRAFFIC... bumper to bumper.. I left nmy cell phone in the condo ( so i couldn't call the wife and tell her where I am) i finally arrive at 11:30 we boogie loading luggage head out of the complex and onto Sand lake for a 25 minute drive to the airport, oh gotta stop and fill up the rental... we then drop off the rental (getting nervous at this point tick tock ) and wait for a shuttle to take us to our terminal. its now 12:35 and we are not even curb checked yet which by the way is 15 people deep by the time we get to our turn its 12:50 and they asked what time my plane leaves we tell them 1:05 they refused to check us said it was too late.... Come to find out its 1:45 departure and its all good.I mean you could fill buckets with the sweat from our nervous running and worrying...... only till we get inside and discover security is a 45 minute deep wait... hundreds if not thousands of people in line for security.... We make it through that only to have to wait for the terminal tram to the gates.... We grab a bite at BK really quick to catch the boarding call for our flight....at 1:30 2hours:50 minutes later ( with a screaming cranky, aggravated tired, 14 month old in our arms we arrive home) Smile

And all we can say when we walk in our front door is .........

How long till we get to go back???? Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you didn't do that much Razz Sounds like a great trip. You know I live in Lincoln Park, where in Chicago do you live?
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! You guys did a lot. Too bad about the camera. You never know with Disney finding it though. I know this is minuscule compared to a camera, but our daughters had lost their autograph books our first trip with the kids. Of course they were upset. We never thought we'd see them again, but about a month after we returned home they arrived in the mail.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trip report !
The lost camera must be a real disapointment Sad
I know it would break my heart... I look at my Disney pictures every day. I hope it shows up soon for you.

I know that feeling - sure is glad to be home after a Disney trip, but cant wait to start planning the next one.
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought so much scrapbook stuff ( stickers, frames, pages, patches) for the 300 plus pictures i was gonna use.... All those memories of that entire trip GONE!!!!! I just called L& F again they put me on hold.. I get to listen to Disney music ( there's a plus) I aniticipate them coming back on the Phone saying We have it.. Only to hear sorry again!!! It will be a week tommorrow..... I am begining to lose hope Sad I need those pictures to get me through my time till the next trip..... Plus, its my daughters first trip can't exactly ever get that back......
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Here is the TRIP REPORT I promised Reply with quote

Brownieboy69 wrote:

We arrived Sat July 14th. We Flew Air Tran.. Good airline on time great flights We flew out of Chicago Midway and arrived in Orlando at 1;15 in the afternoon.

I should mention that an airline once call Valuejet now goes by the name Airtran.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report!!! Question: Have you ever thought of buying a purse? My wife says I should have one, with all the" junk" I carry around with me. I've resorted to buying shorts with multiple pockets, as well as a fanny pack. I don't care what my teenagers think! Very Happy

Last edited by Ellory on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a few ways of solving this issue....

I wear cargo shorts alot..... almost every time we go...

Couple of years ago I bought a really nice photographer's vest, the ones with a ton of pockets.... That one is really good during the cooler months, it get's too bloody hot during the summer....

We take a large backpack if we are going with a large group and have a ton of stuff to carry.... But it was too big for a quick trip... So I bought a small single shoulder backpack from DAK.... It's great, it is small enough that it doesn't get in the way and is still quick through the security check point... but it is big enough to carry my large camera, some bars (for when we are on the diet) and a few other minor things.... It's a little larger than a fanny pack, but people don't laugh at you Smile
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have given anything for a FANNY PACK..... It was a last second decision front pocket, pants pocket etc.... I had it in the front pocket the previous ride on SM so I figured it would be safe again..... NOPE!!!!!

I figured I would give an update on the camera search.... STILL LOST!!! I call every day, I Know all the L&F people on the phone by name and they know me.
Kinda of a sad way to get to know someone.... I am hoping the Refurb of SM will make it appear..... I Just want the memory card in it.

And no Daguru, there are no blackmail pictures of me that could leak out onto the internet on there......

I deleted those before I got to WDW...... Wink
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an oversized fanny pack. It's big enough to hold my camera, batteries, and other things needed for the day. I can't use a backpack ot anyhting like that because it hurts my ailing back, but the pack helps secure my lower back so it's perfect.

Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys, let's just admit it. We all tease our wives and girlfriends about the fact that they carry huge, loaded purses. And what's the first thing we do when we get somewhere...... "Here honey! Can you put this in your purse?"

Thank goodness for cargo pants and backpacks. Either that or we rent strollers just to haul our stuff.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft, that never happens at a park.... mrsguru doesn't bring a purse.... She has a wallet that is the same size as a man's wallet and she puts that in her pocket....

She's the one that says "can you put this in your pocket".... That the only bad thing about wearing cargo pants..... Glad I've never forgot to wear my belt....
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
She's the one that says "can you put this in your pocket".... That the only bad thing about wearing cargo pants..... Glad I've never forgot to wear my belt....

Or maybe you would be calling lost and found to find your shorts on space mountain..... Rump Embarassed
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i got the boxes mixed up.....
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it for you.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: