Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - hiccup, that Ratatouille goes down smoooooth, hiccup

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

hiccup, that Ratatouille goes down smoooooth, hiccup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: hiccup, that Ratatouille goes down smoooooth, hiccup Reply with quote

Disney Abandons Ratatouille Chardonnay
Tuesday, Jul 31, 2007 5:00 AM ET
WALT DISNEY CO. HAS QUIT the wine biz, even before the first bottles of Ratatouille Chardonnay were scheduled to hit Costco's shelves in August.

Bottles of the French 2004 vintage white Burgundy were to carry labels featuring Remy, the haute-cuisine-loving rodent who stars in "Ratatouille," the latest movie from Disney's Pixar Animation Studios.

Disney said it and Costco Wholesale Corp. canceled the promotion after getting flak from California winemakers and opponents of underage drinking.

"We've decided to just not go through with it," Disney spokesman Gary Foster said. "We've been getting a trickle of inquiries and complaints."

A spokeswoman for Issaquah, Wash.-based Costco would only say: "We have decided to withdraw this product prior to any bottles being available or sold in the market."
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is too bad, but I think the argument about using an animated character could be seen as making it more appalling to minors... And that in turn might mean thier parents actually had to parent them, and we can't have that...
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe disney would have had better luck with cigars. They could have sold them at toys r us too. What character could they have used though? Nothing really would go with that. Maybe they should just play it safe and use Stitch. They could even put some Graffiti on the WDW Monorails to promote it too.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that most people don't want a rat on their bottle of wine...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me27821 wrote:
Maybe disney would have had better luck with cigars. They could have sold them at toys r us too. What character could they have used though? Nothing really would go with that. Maybe they should just play it safe and use Stitch. They could even put some Graffiti on the WDW Monorails to promote it too.

Baby Herman...The Giant from Brave Little Tailor....

While I understand the idea from a cultural standpoint...point being..wine is not the first thing kids go for when trying to "drink"...It's still probably not the best idea.

If they did it internal to the company and sold it at the studio here in Burbank I could definitly see that..
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go along with this being nixed. While I think a bottle of wine with those characters on it would be cute and a good conversation piece, I have to agree with not putting characters that appeal to children on alcohol products.

And Donna only buys wine based on the label anyway. If the label is cute or creative, we'll be drinking it with Sunday dinner.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, they should leave the wine, and use Remy to market CHEESE!

I am sure it is only a matter of time before we get ratatouille Mac and cheese...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: