Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - WDW Rumor Round Up

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

WDW Rumor Round Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: WDW Rumor Round Up Reply with quote

There are lots of stories and rumors the last few weeks regarding Disney World and improvements... here are a collection of some:

1) Muppet Mobile Lab; this awesome WDI feature is currently going through some testing at Epcot. While it has not made any public appearances yet, it has been seen back stage. Public appearances are rumored to start early this week and may continue through the two weeks the MML will be at Epcot. This is just a stop for the MML, which is making it's way to Hong Kong Disneyland

2) Epcot Rennovations; building permits have been submitted for several items at Epcot, including the removal of the canvas panels between the fountain and SSE, replacing smoke effects in SSE, and replacing the oak trees around SSE with Plams.....

3) SSE Wand deconstruction; this is moving along swimmingly, the support tower is almost completely gone, but the stars on the SSE are still there....

4) Tusker House at DAK is finally closed, it will reopen in a few months as a new character buffet... great, they ruined one of my favorite counter service restaurants.... Sad

5) Fountainview at Epcot to reopen; the Fountainview has gotten a new sponsor and should reopen soon as an ice cream parlor. Edy's Ice Cream is the new sponsor and they have already added a new banner outside

6) The fiber optic lights near the pin station at Epcot (between fountain and SSE) have been upgraded, to include two new designs and tons of color... I did get some pics from this weekend, I will upload later...

7) O' Canda is closed right now, so the new film can be added

8 ) Construction of the new permanent Jedi Training Academy stage has begun, over at Star Tours

9) The Haunted Mansio referb is moving along on schedule, but no further details have been released (although, most of what people wanted to see is being done). Some concept images for the Haunted Mansion upgrades have "leaked", you can view them over here at Distant Creations. There are even rumors that they may add a live bat area outside of HM, this would be added after the ride reopens...

10) Screamscape and JimHill both have discussions about the new Disney's Hollywood Studios... according to them, the park was SUPPOSED to be renamed to the long rumored Disney-Pixar Studios, but was changed at the last minute because of one person, George Lucas... Apparently, there have been some commitments between Disney and Lucas, regarding some of his properties and the parks.... Specifically Star Wars and Indiana Jones

Apparently they are plans to "revamp" Studios and reorganize and rename the areas, to match other Disney parks... An animation area (Mermaid, Animation Tour, Playhouse Disney), Pixar area (Midway Mania, rumored Crush ride/coaster, rumored Radiator Springs, etc), "Lucasland" including ST, IJ, and a redone Backlot Express restaurant...

Star Tours should go down some time next year and reopen as ST 2.0... featuring an upgraded/imporved simulator, digital projection, 3-D movie, etc.... The Backlot Express restaurant will be rethemed, to show case props from Star Wars and Indiana Jones.... Most of the Star Wars stuff will be done during 2008, to open in 2009, because of the rides 20th anniversary and the two new SW shows (cartoon and live action show). The IJ Stunt Show will not be closed or replaced any time soon, but there are plans it change some of the scenes and add scenes from the new IJ 4 movie... This is mostly being scheduled to take palce for the premire of IJ4 next year...

Couple other rumors include a new Indy ride, but not Temple of Forbidden Eye (which is a duplicate of Dinosaur), and possibly something to go in the ABC Theater/Sounds Dangerously building (which has recently been resurveyed)....

11) There have been some permits placed to replaced the signs for TTA, could this mean that the long needed cleanup is starting, I hope so....

Just to make sure everyone gets credit, most of these come from
WDWMagic, Screamscape, JmHilll Media

What do you guys think? Opinions on the new Disney/Lucas plans?
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all proves one thing... George Lucas is a pompous a**.

The updates sound great (especially the HM ones), although I'm hoping the real name for the new Disney Studios area isn't 'Lucasland'. If it wasn't for Spielberg, he would be left with only Star Wars to hang his hat on. Anyone recall Howard the Duck? The Radioland Murders? Exactly... Anyone else with me?

Great compilation post, by the way. Very nice Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucasland is what everyone is using right now, I am pretty sure that is not what it is going to end up as.... I also don't think Lucas is really forcing anything.... I know that there are some pretty good discussions going on with many networks regarding who is going to broadcast the cartoon and shows.... So I think Disney is "sucking up" some what...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: