Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Star Wars Weekends 2008 Guest List

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Star Wars Weekends 2008 Guest List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Star Wars Weekends 2008 Guest List Reply with quote

Quote:
Disney Star Wars Weekends 2008 Guest List
April 10, 2008

Time to start planning for Star Wars Weekends! Starting in June, fans get to meet an impressive lineup of special guests attending four weekends of Star Wars fun at the Disney-MGM Studios in Florida. From June 6 to June 29, 2008, fans of all ages will converge to celebrate the heroes, villains, creatures and droids of the saga. In addition to Star Wars costumed characters, fun activities, and the Star Tours theme park ride, celebrity guests will be in attendance for meet-and-greet sessions, star conversations, and a classic Hollywood-style motorcade.
Here's a look at the celebrity guests which include Star Wars cast members from the entire saga. Please check back here for future updates to the guest list as it may be subject to change.
The celebrity host for each weekend will be Warwick Davis. Davis was only 11 years old when he played the Ewok hero Wicket in Return of the Jedi. In Episode I, he played multiple roles, including that of Anakin's young friend Wald.

June 6-8 -- Jeremy Bulloch & Daniel Logan
The Fetts return! Jeremy Bulloch is known best for his role as the legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. He also made a brief cameo as Captain Colton in Revenge of the Sith. Daniel Logan played the young Boba Fett in Attack of the Clones, as well as all the 10-year old clones on Kamino.

June 13-15 -- Peter Mayhew & David Prowse
Two fan favorites share the stage: Peter Mayhew is no stranger to Star Wars Weekends. The towering Mayhew played the loyal Wookiee Chewbacca in the original trilogy, and revisited the role in Revenge of the Sith. David Prowse is another imposing presence -- he filled out Darth Vader's awesome form in the original trilogy, playing the man behind the mask.

June 20-22 -- Amy Allen & Matthew Wood Amy Allen played the role of the striking Jedi Knight Aayla Secura in Episode II and III. Also there that weekend will be Episode III's Supervising Sound Editor Matthew Wood, the voice of the evil General Grievous in that movie as well as the upcoming animated series, The Clone Wars.

June 27-29 -- Dave Filoni
The creative force behind the next chapter of the Star Wars saga, Dave Filoni is the Supervising Director of The Clone Wars animated feature and series, as well as a die-hard Star Wars fan himself. What does the future hold in store for Star Wars? He'll be there to offer an inside look. Joining him this weekend... well, that's yet to be determined. Check back soon once the guest roster is finalized. For the latest Star Wars Weekends updates, keep checking here as well as Disneyworld.com. For more information, tickets or resort reservations, guests can call (407) W-DISNEY, visit Disneyworld.com or a travel agent.

Source: Starwars.com; http://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/news20080410.html

I know someone would want to met Amy Allen.... Getting Prowse autograph to add to the collection would be nice also! The coolest one if Dave Filoni, I'm sure his Q&A is going to have tons of good info!
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't want to meet Amy Allen, she might use her Jedi mind powers on me
and make me do things I might regret in the morning. Wink Very Happy
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, .....you wish...... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! This must be a fun weekend. Geeks and nerds as far as the eye can see. Pasty white from living in mom's basement and not seeing the light of day. Playing online games and lying on FaceBook. Buying parts for their Commodore 64 on e-bay, and blogging about online bullying.

I'm sure Disney will have plenty of kiosks at the Studios to sell Star Wars memorabilia and acne medication.

Think I'll skip this event.

May the force....oh, never mind.
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember working the Carrie Fisher event as a production manager. She said she would not answer any Princess Lea questions, only questions about her book. We told the crowd that and the first person steps up to the mic and asks her a Princess Lea question. She got up and walked out. My boss and I had to corral her back.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they modify a wak-a-mole game into a wak-a Ewoke game I'll be there. Smile

Or how about a dunk tank with Jar-Jar Binks in it. Laughing
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one seems like it would be amazing to hear him talk about the future of star wars.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been announced that Jake Lloyd will be the second celebrity for the last weekend... He played the young Anakin Skywalker in the Phantom Menace.

I agree, Dave Filoni is going to be the most interesting to meet and talk with. The others have been at SWW for the last 4-5 years, so they are getting a little old and boring... I wish they could get some other SW celebs to attend, just for a little variety.... Although meeting Amy Allen and David Prowse are exciting.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's to Kenny Baker making a speedy recovery...I know he's been in attendance for previous years but has fallen ill.

I met him at the Magic Castle last year...him and his wife. Really really nice guy.

-tE
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some details on one of the special features that will be present at this years SW:W. This one involves a behind the scenes look at the SW Clone Wars that will debut in August:

Quote:
Star Wars Weekends to Sneak Clone Wars
Source: Lucasfilm
May 14, 2008

Lucasfilm has announced that "Star Wars Weekends" at Disney's Hollywood Studios will give a sneak peek at Star Wars: The Clone Wars, coming to theaters on August 15:

The Star Wars adventures continue on Aug. 15 with the theatrical release of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS from Lucasfilm Animation, and this year’s Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort will offer fans an exciting, in-depth look at the making of this big-screen animated epic.

Among the features at this year’s Star Wars Weekends, which run every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from June 6 to June 29, 2008, will be “Behind the Force – Experience THE CLONE WARS,” an exploration of the creation of this groundbreaking Star Wars feature film. During “Experience THE CLONE WARS,” fans will get a chance to meet a representative of Lucasfilm Ltd. and, at the culmination of the presentation, see an exclusive clip of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS that can be seen only at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekends.

The Clone Wars is Star Wars as you’ve never seen it before, so it makes sense that we’re offering fans at Star Wars Weekends something completely unique – an early glimpse at a Star Wars movie,” said Kayleen Walters, director of marketing for Lucasfilm Ltd. “We’re working with Disney to create an event no Star Wars fan will want to miss.”

In addition to the excitement surrounding Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars will feature celebrities from the classic, live-action movies, who will be on hand each weekend for photos, Q&A, autograph sessions and Hollywood-style motorcades. All four weekends, Star Wars actor Warwick Davis (who portrayed "Wicket” the Ewok) will serve as celebrity emcee and host of the event.

Among the scheduled celebrities and special guests at this year’s Star Wars Weekends are Dave Filoni, director of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS; and MatthewWood, who performs voices in the movie and the CLONE WARS TV series debuting this fall.

A weekend-by-weekend lineup of celebrities scheduled to appear includes (subject to change):
• June 6-8: Jeremy Bulloch ("Boba Fett") and Daniel Logan (young "Boba Fett")
• June 13-15: Peter Mayhew ("Chewbacca") and David Prowse ("Darth Vader")
• June 20-22: Amy Allen ("Aayla Secura") and Matthew Wood ("General Grievous" and voice artist in THE CLONE WARS)
• June 27-29: Dave Filoni (director of the upcoming Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

In addition, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will offer a host of surprises throughout the four weekends, promising to bring an unprecedented level of “sneak preview” excitement and fun to the popular Star Wars Weekends.

Other activities included in the fan-fest fun: the “Padawan Mind Challenge,” allowing kids under 12 to test their wits before the Jedi Council; “Legends of the Force,” The Clone Wars at Star Wars Weekends / 3-3-3 a motorcade featuring favorite Star Wars celebrities; and "Jedi Training Academy," where young Jedi-wannabes can learn lightsaber battle techniques and test their
newfound skills against Darth Vader or Darth Maul.

The Star Wars Weekends fun is included with regular admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Source: ComingSoon.Net; http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44989

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: