Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Forgotten Disneyland Show

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Forgotten Disneyland Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Music Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Forgotten Disneyland Show Reply with quote

Hi again. As this is my first time starting a topic I will try and be succinct.

Does anyone, anywhere remember a one-time Disneyland stage show called "Show Me America". I seem to remember reading in one of the souvenir books some years ago that this was Disney's first attempt at creating a broadway-style show specifically for the park.

From the pictures I've seen, it was some time in the mid-sixties and possibly one of Walt Disney's last projects before he died. While it was a pretty expensive- looking production, and had a great pro-America theme, unfortunately it wasn't well received.

Needless to say that "Show Me America" may go down in history as the rarest 'in-park' entertainment production in DL's exsistence.

Now for the fun part. If ANYONE, ANYWHERE has even a snippet of that show preserved, I'm sure the whole world would get a kick out of it.

Well, that's my attempt at rabblerousing. Until later, peace.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Forgotten Disneyland Show Reply with quote

blinkereye123 wrote:

Needless to say that "Show Me America" may go down in history as the rarest 'in-park' entertainment production in DL's exsistence.

That's a BOLD statement....a REALLY bold statement.

Are you sure you're not confusing shows? I'd love to read the guidebook you're referring to.
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya. The book in question was one of the special anniversary hardcover "albums" that was actually sold in the park, (possibly for the 25th or 30th anniversary years). One of the pictures-in fact, the only picture I remember showed what looked like vegas-style showgirls and guys in sequined outfits.

As I am borderline computer illiterate I have no way to scan or upload the pages where the pictures can be found. However, as of this post, I'm sure there are ALOT of other people out there who can do a better job of it.

Anyway, before I dig myself into a hole, all I can say is happy hunting. Peace.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep digging...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Music Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: