Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Narnia Attraction to reopen soon at DHS

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Narnia Attraction to reopen soon at DHS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Narnia Attraction to reopen soon at DHS Reply with quote

Disney closed the Narnia walkthrough attraction because of the Midway Mania construction. Well, with Midway Mania starting to wrap up, expect the attraction to reopen in the next week months....

But the attraction will not reopen as the same attraction. It is being rethemed to the new Prince Caspian movie. Opening should take place some time after the movie premiers this summer...
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is it any way cause i never saw it in the first place oh may 10- may12 annual pass holders will be able to try out the new toy story ride

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is setup in a small soundstage to the left of "One Man's Dream", the very end of that larger soundstage (Narnia, OMD, and Ariel)... There is the gap (with overhead walkway) that leads backstage, between it and Midway Mania... Back on formerly Mickey Ave

It was closed because some of the electrical, pipes, etc for the Midway Mania soundstage can only be access below the floor of the Narnia soundstage...
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its where they do all of there "Promotions" for upcoming movies....

Previous movie promotions have included everything from the Haunted Mansion to flubber.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct...
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ok just the disney story on the right where the walk way was from the backstage tour of old if i remember correctly but before the stage they used for star search

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it to Disney to take an already existing ride and advertise a new movie. Razz
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone over at WDWMagic posted an excerpt from the latest Mickey Monitor, the article gives some details regarding the reopening of the Narnia attraction:

Quote:
MM has more info on Journey into Narnia
I just got my new Mickey Monitor and it talks about the new Journey into Narnia: Prince Caspian exhibit that is going to open soon.

It describes how the newer attraction will be much more immersive than the previous Journey into Narnia attraction.

It has some cool concept art of what the new set in Soundstage 4 will look like. It's a recreation of the "Dancing Lawn" and Stone Table Chamber complete with the broken stone table where Aslan sacrificed himself in the first film. (The set is cast from the same molds as the one used in the actual film.)

It will incorporate multiple screens, dimensional sound, and in-theater effects "to really put guests into the story of Prince Caspian."

And of course it'll conclude with a gallery featuring authentic props and costumes from the movie.

The queue area is where you can test your knowledge of the Narnia stories, and give you a choice of whether you can do a Prince Caspian Meet & Greet or go backstage.

It definately looks cool and interesting and I'll have to check it out when I go.

Source: WDWMagic; http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=304214

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeppelindude wrote:
Leave it to Disney to take an already existing ride and advertise a new movie. Razz

They have a long history of this.. Walt himself did it with the Disneyland show, 20,000 leagues etc. What I'm trying to determine is:
It started they would advertise the movie in the park to increase movie box office receipts... In some cases it now seems the movie is made to support the parks, or the toys. Seems to me like a vicious chasing its own tail circle.

One of these days some of their management will get trapped in this loop and we will have a mini-series on Disney Channel with the story of the intervention.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:

One of these days some of their management will get trapped in this loop and we will have a mini-series on Disney Channel with the story of the intervention.

With its own set of merchandise, toys, rides, etc...
ksdisneyfan
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm anxiosuly waiting for the new movie to open. We watched The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe over the weekend again. We did the walk through of the last attraction and thought it was pretty cool Snow We got some good pics there too - they had a set-up just outside the door for taking pictures. If anyone gets a chance to see the new Narnia attraction, please let us know how it is . We'll have to wait until August to see it.

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day..."
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
zeppelindude wrote:

They have a long history of this.. Walt himself did it with the Disneyland show, 20,000 leagues etc. What I'm trying to determine is:
It started they would advertise the movie in the park to increase movie box office receipts... In some cases it now seems the movie is made to support the parks, or the toys. Seems to me like a vicious chasing its own tail circle.

Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable as characters at MGM have really started the Disney channel i nthe parks craze... i just hope Disney doesn't overdo it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: