Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Tinkerbell attraction at WDW

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Tinkerbell attraction at WDW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Tinkerbell attraction at WDW Reply with quote

Quote:
Tinker Bell may get a new home
Scott Powers | Jason Garcia and Sara K. Clarke, Sentinel Staff Writers
July 28, 2008

Walt Disney World is planning to add actresses playing Tinker Bell and her friends from an upcoming series of "Disney Fairies" movies -- and might be creating a new attraction based on them.

Disney held auditions last week for actresses to play the Disney Fairies characters in the parks, including Tinker Bell, Silvermist, Rosetta, Iridessa and Fawn.

In a prepared statement, a Disney spokeswoman explained: "Disney Imagineers are currently creating a special new home for Tink and her friends which promises to immerse guests in the world of Pixie Dust at Walt Disney World."

Spokeswoman Andrea Finger would not elaborate about whether this meant the fairy characters will have their own attraction, nor did she specify which park they might appear in.

Except for Tinker Bell, the characters are based on a new "Disney Fairies" entertainment franchise that the Walt Disney Co. has been developing in recent years through children's books, Internet Web pages, games, toys and a series of straight-to-DVD movies that will begin emerging this fall.

Source: Orlando Sentinel; http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-tourism2808jul28,0,5760293.story

I know there has been some talk and rumors about this for a while. I even remember someone posting possible test hosts of the real life characters (possibly Jim Hill). With a real life Tink in parade at DL, it's only a matter of time before she becomes a park regular.

What do you guys think about have a Tinkerbell themed attraction... even a real life character for meet and greets?
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how I see it. She is in a beloved attraction Peter Pan and does not deserve a ride unto herself. A face character would be interesting but I think you would also end up with all the new friends that Disney is creating and I do not care about those characters at all. I am sure that there might be some young girls that would be thrilled to meet them and I am sure that is the demographic that they are playing to. Anywho that's my Two Cents
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Disney trying yet again to dilute it's history with spin-offs and merchandising opportunities.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
dilute it's history with spin-offs and merchandising opportunities.

NO! Not Disney, they would never do anything like that Wink Smile Laughing
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the height requirement will be!
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo! Bad form!

: )
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great a ride with attitude that should be fun

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I really have no problem with a greet but not a ride or attraction of their own. My concern would be that they spend all this time telling everyone how small she is so I would hope you need to go into a "shrinking" room of some kind before and after the meet to keep up the illusion. Otherwise it is spitting on the same story line they have protected for so long.

But I personally have no problem with a meet and greet area where I could meet cute actresses at all!
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it would be the same thing as adventure in inner space all need a witch to shrink you and put a limit how long you'd be small just like body wars or other rides at disney anything is possible.

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can bet on one thing... when the face meet and greets start, they are going to need to make sure there are plenty of handlers available for Tinkerbell. I got a feeling she is going to just as "popular" with certain types of visitors as Jasmine and Ariel...

*wink, wink, nod, nod, knowatimean, saynomore*

Smile
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't particularly care either way. But, it might be a good use of the old Skyway buiding in Fantasyland. Lots of stroller parking for the young girls they are trying to get. Great proximity to Peter Pan's Flight, for the tie in and decent proximity to Ariel's grotto for maximum "Meet and greet-ability".

I don't think Disney thinks they are diluting. Wink They just see it as milking EVERY LAST POSSIBLE dollar out of a character/image/opportunity.

MikeA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big Tink fan, but I'm not sure that I like the idea of a life-size Tink. I can almost let it slide that shes on one of the floats in the parade, but at least there they keep her elevated a bit, so you dont have anything to compare her size to. You just kind of let it slip by. But if you're standing right next to her...

I also dont need a whole world of fairies. It steals some of Tink's thunder
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Faries thing completely takes away from Tink's actual character. She is defined by Peter Pan...no words, no height...all attitude!

I think it is a horrible marketing thing...it will probably go the way of the Disney Afternoon and other brief hot for a minute Dinsey things...

Let's just hope the next thing on the agenda isn't "Hannah Montana--the theme park production"

Wink

: )
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with this, and my kids and I have had a blast with the Disney Fairies website.

I agree with CTKnight. I'd prefer they find a way to keep the allusion of her small size if possible. And I'd heard rumors to that effect a few years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: