Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Annual Pass Changes and Entrance Fee Increase

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Annual Pass Changes and Entrance Fee Increase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Annual Pass Changes and Entrance Fee Increase Reply with quote

First, there is a rumor that the single day, single park entrance fee for the parks may increase soon. This increase could be seen as soon as the next week or so!

Second, Disney has announced additional details on the Premium Annual Pass entitlements, since PI is closing. The following is from the Pleasure Island FAQ Page:

Quote:
Q. What do the changes on Pleasure Island mean to a Walt Disney World® Premium Annual Passholder?

A. Beginning September 28, 2008, your Premium Annual Pass will no longer include admission to the Pleasure Island nightclubs.
The good news is that beginning June 28, 2008, Guests with a Premium Annual Passes will be able to play a round of golf at Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course—a relaxed, nine-hole walking course designed for the entire family! Tee times are required and subject to availability. To make a tee time, call 407-WDW-GOLF (939-4653)† or visit disneyworldgolf.com.

At this point, it does not appear that Disney will be lowering the cost of the Premium Annual Pass. In fact, if the single day park fee raises, the AP rates usually get raised slight also. So, we may lose PI and have to pay even more for the Premium AP.

But there is good news... reports from the Disney Information Line say that Disney will be issuing pro-rated refunds to Premium APs and PI APs after Sept 27. The prorated refund will be from Sept 28 through the expiration of your current PAP or PIAP. I expect that be a sum for the PI AP people, but it probably won't be hardly anything for the PAP people.

Two Cents
Although, I will tell you this, I will not be renewing our Premium APs. We mainly got them for PI and the AdvClub especially. Without them around any more, no need to get the Premium over the regular AP. I think that is when Disney is going to realize that they may have made an error, when the number of Premium APs drop because of no more PI. Then again, Disney Mgmt hasn't shown to be all that interested in AP holders anyways.

Ok, ok.... I'm calm again...... grrrrrrr.... Smile
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A round of golf doesn't seem as fun as a Kungaloosh... it's too bad they don't offer some alternatives for people to choose from, like a certain amount of Disney dollars or.... I don't know... something that's not golf! Razz
mrsguru
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*mrsguru sprays daguru with water hose*

Laughing
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Disney executives via an e-mail, stating my concerns about the closure of PI and more specifically, The Adventurers Club. I received a phone call from a representative of the WDW Executive offices and all she basically said was PI and The Adventurers Club is closing, they are sorry I am unhappy, and are concerned with my concerns, but the decision is final and they are not going to rescind it. The fact that I, too, will not be renewing my PAP didn't seem to matter.

In all honesty, the phone call was a waste of time and lowered my already low opinion of WDW's management and further strengthens my decision to not frequent WDW as often as we have in the past.

They care, but not really.

She did mention that, although not confirmed, there is talk of reopening The Adventurers Club in a different location/setting. But that will be a couple of years away.

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
She did mention that, although not confirmed, there is talk of reopening The Adventurers Club in a different location/setting. But that will be a couple of years away.

Yeah, unfortunatley it will probably be called Night Kingdom.... But I would love to see the AdvClub be saved as some sort of dinner theater type thing. That would be awesome!
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep saying a dinner theatre would be cool, too! Dave, my mom sent an email regarding PI closing, specifically the Adventurers Club. She got an email response that was basically what you got over the phone. I'm sure it was a cut and paste "standard statement," but she was surprised they even responded at all. We are seriously considering wearing black armbands when we go this Friday. Razz
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
In all honesty, the phone call was a waste of time and lowered my already low opinion of WDW's management and further strengthens my decision to not frequent WDW as often as we have in the past.

Sad they aren't considering the effect on regular attenders...yet, with the above statement...and the Poo's love of Disney, selfish me hopes this means more trips to DLR where i have a better chance to hang out with them!

Maybe they could re-open AC on the West coast?????

: )
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there some talk of Disney making use of the lot from the Dixie Stampede between now and when the new owner is ready to use it? Maybe they could do an AdvClub themed dinner show there, while building a new home for it. Although seems unlikely as that would be expensive.

A few other thoughts. Adv Club could stand on its own merits anywhere in the resort. You have Raglan Road, Puck's, etal. No reason an Adventure club could also not "Stand Alone".

The new "perk" of a round of golf is great. Particularly for those folks that don't play or don't like golf. Seems to me like this "perk" was not too well considered.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entrance fees increase is confirmed:

Disney Park Ticket Prices To Rise
Price Change Begins Sunday

LOS ANGELES -- The Walt Disney Co. said Friday it is raising one-day ticket prices at its domestic parks starting Sunday.

Tickets for those aged 10 and older to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla., will rise from $71 to $75, while tickets for children aged 3 to 9 will go from $60 to $63.

At Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., one-day prices will rise from $66 to $69 for those aged 10 and older, and from $56 to $59 for children aged 3 to 9.

The price increase applies in varying degrees for longer stays, while the park hopper option, an add-on that allows ticket-holders to move among any of Disney's parks, will cost $50, up from $45.

Source: Local6; http://www.local6.com/travelgetaways/17068642/detail.html

The only good news in this for WDW fans, that Disneyland's entrance fee is also going up.... Well, not really good news, but at least we aren't the only ones Smile
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go along with the entrace fee increase, parking fees are going up also. According to WDWMagic.com, parking fees will go up to $12.00 per car....

Way to go Disney! Rolling Eyes
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what it is at DLR too...$12

I know they have to make the money to maintain the parks...but it seems to have gone up a lot in recent years at both Resorts.

: )
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't believe how many tickets we've sold this week at the store because of the price increase. People wanted to get their tickets before the cost went up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the parking ticket price increase.
I think the parking prices are too high already. It is not like you have an option if you are not staying on site, or is this done to encourage you to Stay on-site by making the savings in hotel fees lost in parking fees.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: