Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Attraction Themed Rooms @ WDW

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Attraction Themed Rooms @ WDW
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Attraction Themed Rooms @ WDW Reply with quote

Quote:
Pirates of the Caribbean Beach Resort

Walt Disney World has unveiled a rendering and a few details of some retheming and renovations in the works for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort -- theming it after the hugely-popular Pirates of the Caribbean ride/movies/games franchise.

Beds that look like ships. Dressers that look like old crates. Curtains that look like tattered sails. The attached artist's rendering shows a few of the details.

Disney is planning the look for 384 rooms in the Trinidad South Village Area, set to be ready sometime next year. The resort has a total of 2,112 rooms.

Source: Orlando Sentinel; http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2008/07/pirates-of-the.html

I just want a true Haunted Mansion room... unlike the Haunted Mansion/Villains room that is being setup in our new house! heh Bouncing Maleficent Bouncing Ezra
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't really seem like a smart move...I dunno, I could see it if they possible did other attractions in other areas, but to sleep in a boat bed? I dunno...

: )
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably love it. Of course I'm not the typical WDW guest. Im a little more "Out there" when it comes to my Disney obsession.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do love pirates....and even typing it figured if it does happen it would be a fun trip with a friend of mine---we ALWAYS see Pirates together. But overall...I just don't know. I think it will have to be VERY well themed with quality stuff---good fabrics and textures as not to seem too chintzy and cheap.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure most of the furnishings and decorations are the same ones you can get from local furniture stores. The company that is building my house had a kids PoTC room in one of their models:

CTKnight3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am mixed. The Carribean Beach was beautiful. Now, instead of letting it stand on it's own they think they need to gimick it up. (only one m in gimmick?). I mean Nemo belongs in Australia. And now Pirates? Redecorate the pool or create a pirate play area. Leave the resort itself as it was.

Of course I am getting a little sick of ALL the &%^$ Pirate stuff anyhoo. I mean fine, the movies were a hit. But does EVERYTHING need to have an eyepatch now?
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i had my way my whole house would be disney but i think it would be overload i really do. but would be fun especially whne fam would come in

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a Horizons room. I mean, I've slept in that ride many many times.

Razz
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there are wenches in those pirate rooms! Very Happy Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me Pirate Flag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I probably gonna get smacked when my wife reads this! Boxing
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with this... if done well, and if not all inclusive. Keep some of the rooms as they are, make some "Theme rooms". Families with Little kids will love it.

And think of some of the wonderful things this could mean for the poly... or the Animal Kingdom

Guess I'd wonder "Where" they would do the theming.

I'd see Port Orleans for Haunted Mansion
Caribean is obvious a fit for Pirates
Pop for Toy Story
All Star for Lady and the Tramp, Hannah, HSM

But where would you do Jungle Cruise? Poly of AK?
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they chose Pirates because of the the revenue they are trying to hold onto with the franchise...adding movie ties to the attraction...dangling teasers of a 4th movie...now this.

I see it more as a cash thing...not something they are doing because of die hards and what they love about the parks--not that I don't think they'd market that too---I've seen it done before, and seen execs little faces perk up when they see just how much some of the regular guests love and state they will pay for unique experiences.

Which begs the question...how much more will it cost to stay in a themed room??

I don't think the execs will jump to add any other attraction theming to rooms until they see the money ROLL in. After the cuts we've seen recently, I don't see this as plussing at all. This will be a feature available to those with cash...unlike the meal at Liberty Tree or Pleasure Island which could be included in a park pass for a nominal fee.

I think the rooms might be fun...but in my mind it seems like more and more of Disney is becoming exclusive to those with more dollars than I can dream of.

CTKnight3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, Just one or two rooms? Then I think fine. But not the whole place! Oh, All for the wenches!
seandisney
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see because it Carribean themed but at least why not build a complete resort around it. Not just a few rooms. You could have the entrance as Port Royal. The check in and lobey as the fort itself and the outside around it the town. The pool could be themed to Tortuga or Ira de Murta. It be real cool.
brendafitz24
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it would have to be 'done right'.

The last two times I went down to WDW I stayed at the swan and then dolphin - they were nice but I really missed disney resort themes - it is all part of the magic Very Happy
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a good idea to do with some of the value or Moderate Resorts, but you still want to keep a few resorts open for people looking for a romantic getaway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: