Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Call me Beep me if you wanna reach me...!!!!!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Call me Beep me if you wanna reach me...!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Call me Beep me if you wanna reach me...!!!!! Reply with quote

Oh my goodness!!!! I'm absolutely THRILLED about the announcement of the new KIM POSSIBLE interactive attraction/experience at EPCOT.

I am thoroughly bummed that it will probably not be in operation while I'm there in Septober.

Ah well....read more at this link to the OFFICIAL WEBSITE!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/specialindex?id=EpcotPressReleasePage

Here is the announcement:
"New Ultra-Interactive Attraction at Epcot
Immerses Walt Disney World Guests
In the High-Tech World of Disney's Kim Possible

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Epcot guests at Walt Disney World Resort will be treated to a brand new, highly interactive attraction inspired by Disney Channel's Emmy award-winning animated series, Disney's Kim Possible. The new experience is slated to premiere in late 2008.

Using the latest technology, Disney's Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure invites guests of all ages to become secret agents, teaming up with members of Team Possible to save the world from various comical villains and their mad inventions.

As guests embark on this international adventure, they will receive an official "Kimmunicator," at kiosks throughout Epcot. The interactive, handheld device is designed to help them maneuver through the mission. Using state-of-the-art technology, the interactive device connects guests with a variety of Kim Possible characters who provide clues to stop villains from taking over the world. The highly interactive devices also allow guests to control top-secret equipment hidden inside the World Showcase pavilions, creating an ultra-interactive adventure jam-packed with mystery and excitement.

Guests can play Disney's Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure in seven of the World Showcase pavilions: Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Japan, France and United Kingdom. Each pavilion features a unique mission including distinctive visual events and a different super villain from the animated series.

"Disney's Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure is an example of a next generation attraction that offers fun and excitement for the entire family," said Jim MacPhee, Epcot Vice President. "We are constantly exploring new ways to provide immersive experiences to Epcot Guests, and this new offering will add to our dynamic portfolio."

"Today's emerging generation expects more immersive, personal and interactive experiences in every facet of their lives, including their entertainment choices," added Bruce Vaughn, Chief Creative Executive of Walt Disney Imagineering. "As leaders in family entertainment, Disney theme parks push the envelope by combining state-of-the-art technology with creative storytelling to enhance the overall Disney vacation experience."

Epcot is a place of innovation, imagination, human achievement and endless possibilities. The park encompasses two "lands" of discovery: Future World, a showcase of new ideas and technology, and World Showcase, a kaleidoscope of nations celebrating cultural heritage, arts and entertainment. For more information, guests may call 407/824-4321 or visit disneyworld.com.

Disney's Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure will open at Walt Disney World Resort during "The Year of a Million Dreams" celebration.

A worldwide hit for kids and families, Disney's "Kim Possible" is an Emmy Award-winning animated series from creators/executive producers Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle and Walt Disney Television Animation. It tells the story of an average high school cheerleader, Kim Possible, who, in her spare time, happens to save the world from super villains. With the aid of her enthusiastic pals, this contemporary heroine is capable in ways few high school students ever imagine. On the flipside, she realizes that defeating the bad guys comes easier than coping with the typical teen pressures of schooling and socializing. Viewer's connection to "Kim Possible" led to a successful off-TV franchise for The Walt Disney Company including Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable characters at Disney Parks & Resorts, DVDs, books, video games and Disney Consumer Product's line of "Kim Possible" branded products available at mass retailers nationwide."

Long live Kim Possible!!!!
: )
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading about this when they piloted it last year, and thinking this was just cool.

Glad to see it is actually rolling out.

I do have to ask though... Are Ron and Kim as popular as they were a year or two ago, or are they on the down swing?
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm...i don't know about anyone else...but she is still my favorite cartoon!

I think the tie in at EPCOT will draw folks in on the adventure...the characters just sort of drive it, they aren't integral. I love that it is them, though.

I am truly sad that everything I'm reading says "late fall" for the opening. Ah well, next time...right??

MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya never know... maybe they'll be doing some testing while you're there. Smile

Express some curiosity and show your a fan and maybe you can BETA test it for them.
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, this thing went live?

Ugh.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
Seriously, this thing went live?

Ugh.

boo

my only "ugh" is it won't be live yet when i visit in Septober!

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression this is targeting the tweens, to give them something else to do while also seeing the world. Wonder how it will finally break down, as I suspect there will be a lot if adults wanting to play this as well.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
I was under the impression this is targeting the tweens, to give them something else to do while also seeing the world. Wonder how it will finally break down, as I suspect there will be a lot if adults wanting to play this as well.

That is a good question. The article didn't really give a demographic...though the show seems to be most popular with the tweens. I must say, it is a one cartoon I love...and most of my friends enjoy as well. It is a kid show...but it has a fun edge...and seriously--when looking for mindless entertainment, who wouldn't want it to include a naked mole rat???!?

Either way...I hope it is interactive enough to keep everyone entertained. I love EPCOT all the time, but could see how some of the younger set may feel it's not as exciting as other Disney things.

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think it would be great fun for my wife and I to team up either each with a daughter or against the daughters to try this....

Sort of make it a fun competition like Buzz...
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
I personally think it would be great fun for my wife and I to team up either each with a daughter or against the daughters to try this....

Sort of make it a fun competition like Buzz...

That sounds like a great idea! It sounds like some people have seen or heard of a prototype...is it a game that is the same each time played, or would it be fun to do on more than one occasion?

I'm still crossing my fingers that it will be up in running in two weeks! I'm wishing....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: