Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Most Romantic MK Fireworks Spot

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Most Romantic MK Fireworks Spot
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
club33az
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Most Romantic MK Fireworks Spot Reply with quote

Not to be too blatant about copying CTKnight, but where is the most romantic spot to watch whatever fireworks show du-jour is going on at the MK?

Also, being from Phoenix, AZ and not knowing anything about swampland, what is the gator situation at the lakes around WDW? If there isn't a gator situation, how do they keep them out?
SHUT UP!!! I'm not scared!!! Confused
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good questions...I don't know about the fireworks...we always go for front and center!

Also being from near the Valley of the Sun...I too was quite curios about those gators. Septober will be my fourth trip and the only gator/croc/whatever I've seen has been in captivity.

I do wonder if they are in the canals and such, though...and how they keep them out of the lagoons and stuff. Maybe they don't like fireworks???

: )
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... it's not cheap, but it is pretty special. We did one of the Fireworks CRuises that they offer. We left from the docks at the Grand Floridian, after a nice meal at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella and the rest of the crew. You tour pretty much all the waters around the Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and then return just in time to view the fireworks from the lake out in front of the park.

My only criticism might be that you cant hear all the soundtrack as well as you might like. But as far as romantic... it was great. There were chips and cans of soda, but they can arrange for appetizers, desert, or adult beverages for an additional fee too. Here's a link that might tell you more.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/fireworks.htm
Alacrity
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My honey and I like to be on Main Street in front of the bakery. A little crowded but snacks are close at hand! Smells good too!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usualy stand on the Bridge to Tomorrowland, or between that and the hub. The crowd is usually manageb;e there since most people want to be front and center. We did stand near the carousel one time. We got trapped there when the show started. Although it was unique and interesting to see the show from another point of view, I wouldn't do it again.
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecutemoose wrote:

Also being from near the Valley of the Sun...I too was quite curios about those gators. Septober will be my fourth trip and the only gator/croc/whatever I've seen has been in captivity.

I do wonder if they are in the canals and such, though...and how they keep them out of the lagoons and stuff. Maybe they don't like fireworks???

: )

Twice while on the Riverboat cruise, we have seen gators. Once was on the shore, the other time the creature swam alonside the boat for a bit. It wasn't a big one, but a gator nonethe less.
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Most Romantic MK Fireworks Spot Reply with quote

club33az wrote:
Not to be too blatant about copying CTKnight, but where is the most romantic spot to watch whatever fireworks show du-jour is going on at the MK?

Also, being from Phoenix, AZ and not knowing anything about swampland, what is the gator situation at the lakes around WDW? If there isn't a gator situation, how do they keep them out?
SHUT UP!!! I'm not scared!!! Confused

I've done a triathlon twice at WDW - it included a 1/4 mile swim in Seven Seas Lagoon - trust me, I WAS scared silly - I worried about gators the entire time!!

Shocked
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have seen gators quite a few times in the waters around Tom Sawyer Island. I've been told they leave em alone until they get to a certain size. Sort of hard not to have em in the water down there.

I know there was another good size one reported in the waters around the Caribbean beach. (from folks that had seen him).

Guess all those "do not go wadding" signs aren't just to test your reading skills...
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also signd at CB not to walk some of the paths after dark. Kind of scary when I went running early in the AM. We did see a snake cross the road near the food court there. Went so quickly a few people almost stepped on it. Don't know which is worse.
club33az

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny because this is certainly not my first trip to WDW. But the other 2 times I went, gators didn't even enter my mind.

Now that I know.....................................................YIKES!!!!!!!!! Shocked
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I won't worry about it too much. They have been there a lot longer than Disney has been... And disney's had em the entire 37 years they have been there. They actually do a pretty good job controlling them.
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They monitor the size of them. Probably have them tagged as part of conservation too. Once they get too big, they are moved. There used to be one near the Frontierland bridge where the Mark Twain loaded. He just sat and watched the duckies. I have never worried about em.

Now at Cypress gardens, it is another story. We saw a BIGGEE. My nieces were staring at the grass and pointing out a "cute bunny, awh look at him!". They did not notice Mr. Gator watching the bunny too. From about 2 feet away.

We decided it was timne to show the girls something else.
Dyemooch
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alacrity wrote:
My honey and I like to be on Main Street in front of the bakery. A little crowded but snacks are close at hand! Smells good too!

I have to agree with this wholeheartedly! There's something about grabbing a nice treat, sitting back and enjoying the show; plus, with Main Street, you kinda forget you're at a theme park for a while. I hate to sound so cheesy, but it has a certain "fairytale" quality- INSERT THE WISHES MUSIC! Bouncing Figment
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is gonna sound really bad and cheesy, but it is true. To me there is no most romantic spot to watch MK fireworks because where ever I am at that time with my wife it is romantic. It's weird cause once the fireworks start I completely forget everything around me and it feels like we are the only two there watching the amzing firework shows. It feels like our wedding night and alot of you know what I am talking about. your so nervous at first to be in front of everyone but once you make eye contact with your wife or husband to be everything else disappears and it's just the 2 of ya!!! That is how I discribe the feeling I get at MK during fireworks Embarassed . I warned everyone it was gonna be cheesy Very Happy !
Dyemooch
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wdwaddict wrote:
This is gonna sound really bad and cheesy, but it is true. To me there is no most romantic spot to watch MK fireworks because where ever I am at that time with my wife it is romantic. It's weird cause once the fireworks start I completely forget everything around me and it feels like we are the only two there watching the amzing firework shows. It feels like our wedding night and alot of you know what I am talking about. your so nervous at first to be in front of everyone but once you make eye contact with your wife or husband to be everything else disappears and it's just the 2 of ya!!! That is how I discribe the feeling I get at MK during fireworks Embarassed . I warned everyone it was gonna be cheesy Very Happy !

Hey man, cheesy, but nice! It's amazing when you can love someone that much : )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: