Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Re-Imagine ..... Main Street USA DL or is that Blasphemy?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Re-Imagine ..... Main Street USA DL or is that Blasphemy?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re-Imagine ..... Main Street USA DL or is that Blasphemy? Reply with quote

Ok, Here We Go.

I thought About doing a different land first but hey this is the first place you walk into. Yes we are going to start with Disneyland also. So pull up a google earth type program and look at the area you can use.

Just a reminder here are the rules: It has to fit in the preexisting space that the park's, we are discussing ,current boundaries. You have to justify why you would Bulldoze anything and the more details you can add the better. We will release one land a month but you can always go back and work one old post if you want to.

OK have at it. I need to give it a thought or two. Very Happy
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well id stay with the theme of an old main street but if the shop is a blacksmith then have a real blacksmith not a gift shoppe or have a real emporium of the time period so people can see what it would been like to live in that time period

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and have the main street cinema showing actual shorts and cartoon history every 20 minutes or so...
(I guess that is DL...I don't think MK has the cinema??)
: )
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd start with rebuilding the walls between the stores.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yes onecutemoose we do but you can buy pal mickey's and the like it used to play movies then it became a shoppe like most of main street USA i remember the penny arcade next to the eatery where you got hot dogs and listened to the piano player know well the emporium is so long it takes up almost the entire city block

onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well then, I think that would be a change i would vote for...actually have a few attractions on Main Street--not all shoppes.

: )
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for DL but here they could put Walt's story here in the park, I would go great I think Make into an audio-animatronic show staring Walt himself

Last edited by redbaron314 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree with Walt's Story.... There is a lot of space on the left side of the main street behind the stores. They could close out a store front, or better ,re-use the theater facade as the entrance queue area. Then lead folks back into the park back between the start of main street and the expo hall.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or they could lead them into tomorrowland to the carousel of progress to enjoy one the projects Walt work on for himself

take the scene straight out of the behind the scenes from cop and show the aa Walt talking to an aa programmer programming the aa figure in the chair use all orig equipment to make authenic now that would be cool and maybe do other scenes of walt explaining other bits about the fla project

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see an old fashion Soda Fountain make an appearance on Main Street... Possibly merge with or remodel the existing ice cream parlor.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen

eatmon74

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would like to see is an expansion of the area. I see a way that Disney could add a second Street. I am going to dub it Residential street. It would start in Town square next to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and reconnect by way of center street. There is plenty of room. I envision a neighborhood in the same time period as Main Street. Here you would find Some of the residents Much like you do in WDW. Also the main street vechiles would also take the new street. The horse drawn carriages would not. I would also introduce a new buffet or family style resturant in this area. It would obviously serve a typical American fair. I think a nice grassy area representing a park area would also be nice. The main Attraction to this area would be a Church. This would be the entry way to "The American Adventure" Brought in from Epcot.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to add a street there, then why not take it colonial and bring in some of the Liberty square type stuff. Bring in a Johnny Tremaine silver shoppe, a Black smith shop, etc.
Block out the automobiles, but keep the horse vehicles.

I don't think there is enough space for a large attraction, but maybe a movie or Star Tours type simulator of Revere's ride, or the Shot heard round the world....
eatmon74

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need to clear out some of the offices in the back but I was thinking but did not say that I would put in a smaller version. I also do not want to disturb the story/timeline since you enter at the front of Main Street and reenter at center street. I feel a different theme would not fit into the area.

As for the Liberty Street I have thought about that and have another idea where I want that to go. but I'll save that for latter.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would clear out any offices that need to go... I would not make that an obstacle.

If going with the 1920'3 time period... could we consider an industrial revolution attraction...

Say a mini industrial fair with animtronic inventors demoing their products.

Lots of inventions around that time period to show off...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: