Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Re-Imagine ..... Main Street USA DL or is that Blasphemy?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Re-Imagine ..... Main Street USA DL or is that Blasphemy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea. I do not think a ride belongs on main street, but a big audio-animatronic show would be very cool. So one that centered around an industrial fair would be cool.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they re-use the theater facade, then the folks could come in and sit in a theatre type setting similar to American Adventure, and have show start as a simple movie, and then have the Animitronics "come out" of the movie and take over. That might reduce the footprint... And keep in in with the them of the theater.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Fan's suggestion of an industrial revolution show.... Maybe instead of seveal AA's, why not just one or two "hosts". You could do them in a steampunk fashion (similar to time period machinery) and have them host a movie. One could be the "serious" host while the other is more humorous (ala MST3K)...

As for most of Main Street, I like the other suggestions of going back to individual stores.... which each store being a specific type of merchandise, with the store themed to that merchandise.

I like the suggestion of the cinema showing shorts, the ones that play at WDW's Main Street (Exposition Hall)...
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that "Steampunk" comment is quite illustrative. I can picture in my mind that as the characters move steam shoots out of their joints and little hissing sounds.

and the characters could then use that as part of the show. One of them moves a lot and while surrounded by steam the other one asks" Where did you go..." Or they talk while moving and the other asks "What do you mean hsssssssssssst?" Or they talk about going in back to wipe off the moisture before they rust.

Could be quite humorous.

could we call one of the hosts Tom Morrow .00001?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another idea... Have the other host a blatant knock off and robotic copy of the Father from Carousel of Progress talking about the Great big beautiful today...
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the residential idea too...adding a restaurant and other residential things. I like that you included the church which once upon a time was oft the center of town. That could serve many a purpose...I think adding in some time of exhibit--possibly rotating or focusing on Marceline or some other aspect of history that was instrumental n Walt's creation of Main Street U.S.A.

I like the AA show idea too-with them hosting and taking part in a presentation.

Great ideas guys!

: )
eatmon74

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
another idea... Have the other host a blatant knock off and robotic copy of the Father from Carousel of Progress talking about the Great big beautiful today...

I so see the COP family esspically tyhe father in the show. He could be the serious host.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the dad from COP could be the "real" inventor, and his sidekick is the steam-powered robot. The robot says all the humorous stuff, and the inventor can say something like, "Sorry about that, folks, I think my invention needs a little tweaking."

In addition to showing real inventions, I'd love to see some things that never came to fruition. The more outlandish, the better! This is a cool idea, WDWFan!!
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then they should use now is the time for their theme song it would perfectly

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was totally waiting for this to show up in the concourse lounge and voilla! It's been here all along! Shocked

In my opinion, MAin Street Doesn't need a new ride/show. GMWML or the 50th anniversary show is fine. But what it is lacking is a restauraunt. The only good sit down restauraunt in DL is the Blue Bayou, which is very expensive. I say create a restauraunt that is a scale above counter service, but still a little less grand than the Blue Bayou. They can use that middle area at the Carnation cafe, which is right in the middle of all of the Main Street Themeing. And if they needed to, they could expand into the emporium, where nobody really would miss. Wink
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but at wdw we have two as you turn the corner the plaza pavilion and crystal palace

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbaron314 wrote:
but at wdw we have two as you turn the corner the plaza pavilion and crystal palace

According to the thread title, I thought we were retheaming DLR's. But I could be wrong.

Personally those two should be 2 different threads, because having seen both, Main Street at MK is much more spread out, especially at the Hub.
eatmon74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zep is right this month we are focusing on Disneyland not that cheap imitation in Florida. We will get to that in due time. Very Happy
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eatmon74 wrote:
Zep is right this month we are focusing on Disneyland not that cheap imitation in Florida. We will get to that in due time. Very Happy

Oh, I have plenty of plans for that baby... Angel-Devil

Going back to what I said about a restauraunt, not an attraction, I think that if Main Street at Disneyland gets an "E-Ticket", or even a "D-Ticket", ride or show, the street will become so much more congested. Walt intended it to be his "opening and closing" credits, and I think it should stay like that. Being a CA native, I know that Main Street, except verrrrry early in the morning, is always crowded with people entering and exiting the Park.

A great ride idea like the one you guys were conceiving is a great idea, but For MS at DLR, its not a plauseable feat. There is simply not enough room to create that and keep a flow of foot traffic going through.

And maybe the title is right. Disneyland is Walt's existance still here, and Main Street, other than being updated a few times for Tech purposes, is the only place that is still Walt's imagineering all the way. Changing something like that could very well be "blasphamy". Now when we get to other sections of DLR (Cough DCA cough Adventureland cough), That's a whole other story Wink
eatmon74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that as Main Street is set up now it would not work. Read my first post and you will see how I plan on solving that problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: