Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Which characters do you wish they'd bring out?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Which characters do you wish they'd bring out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason suzy and perla are gaining popularity....oddly enough...Good to see the more obscure characters getting some "air".
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they ever had a Black and White Mickey? Besides the one in Fantasmic.. I mean a Mickey that did greets in the parks?

Or how about a Mortimer??
allisonwonderland
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: steam boat mick... Reply with quote

they have made a black and white mickey. if you go to mickey's house in toon town, occasionally they will have steam boat at the character meet and greet... however... i have heard that the totally black and white mickey caused kids to think mickey was dead or they just got scared of him, so they have replaced the black and white face with a regular color one and he just wears the black and white outfit. kinda silly, but it happens.
nojarama
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would truly alternate & bring out all of the characters. It seems these days it's just Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pooh & Tigger. And then a princess here & there.

As a kid, Pooh used to make me mad. I was raised on classic Pooh, so I would get confused and quite angry when I would see the Disney Pooh (I was 3 or so). My parents thought it would be good to have my picture taken with him. Bad idea! I threw a fit & kid-punched the character. I remember being surprised when I heard a muffled "ouch!" when I did it. He-He! Robin Hood also really freaked me out for some reason. Later, as a young adult, I told some friends about my Robin Hood fear and the ycapitolized it, by having the character follow me around the park. EVIL! (But I loved it)!

Regardsarama,

Jon
Sweetums
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'd have to say that WDW has about 60% of Disneynut's character wish-list out in the parks on a regular basis. They're in themed locations that best suit the characters, so you'll never see a huge plethora of fur in one spot. (That could be disastrous! -imagine the mobs!)
-But if I had one character to add to the list,...it would be one that hasn't been created yet. My fav...Humphrey the Bear!

My dream job would be to do nothing but Humphrey sets all around Wilderness Lodge Resort. Aw heck,...while I'm dreaming...

Character: Humphrey
Set Location: Wilderness Lodge Resort
Begining pay: $2000.00 per week, salary.
Benefits: Full medical, dental, and vision. 2 months paid vacation, as well as personal holidays & sick days.
Housing: Complimentary Wilderness Lodge Villa, fully furnished. Includes two meals a day from any Lodge restaurant, and full access to pool and all guest recreational areas.
Perks: Full access to all WDW parks and unlimited no black-out dates maingate pass for up to 4 guests per day.

(Sigh) Where do I sign? Cloud Nine
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with bringing Kronk. He's such a hunk! But the one character that I've honestly never seen has been Megara and Hercules. I mean there was the Hercules Victory Parade, but those two are some of my favorite characters. But I must digress that bringing all the characters would be a fabulous idead for Toontown's 15th anniversary. Its the place of toons...its one of the more 'flexible' lands. I love it! I can't wait to go back!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deadeyedllv

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brer Fox and Brer Bear. They used to come out all the time until Pooh was built. I liked them a lot too.
tylerkm2
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's not on the list, but I would like to see Yen Sid here of there. It would also be cool to see donald and goofy in their Kingdom Hearts costumes.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll say it....Jessica Rabbit.....and I'll even volunteer to head the auditions.... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
disneyfreak01
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Pocohontas Smile , I don't think they bring her out, but correct me if I'm wrong.
reed14567
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Walt Disney World, Brer Bear comes out alot, and occasionaly Brer Rabbit. But Brer Fox never comes out. And, does anybody know if the country bears came out at Disneyland like they do at DW?
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would second that Jessica Rabbit, but my wife hangs around here so I would have to say no that character... Wink

You can see Hercules and Meg at the Stars and Motorcars parade at MGM Studios, Meg is also in Fantasmic...

I would love to see Kronk...that may be one of the few I would stand in line to get a picture with...

then I found this pic...apparently that did have a Kronk at some point:

theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok a few things...

Jessica Rabbit was once a character apparently....didnt last very long....you figure out why...

Pocahontas is at Disneyland semi regularly.

Brer Fox and the gang have been seeing more guests at Disneyland as of recently...their antics are absolutely hysterical.

The Country Bears were part of the PArade of the Stars....I've since seen them roaming around mainstreet once since the 50th...Wendel, Livery Lips, and Gomer.

Kronk and Kuzco were regulars over at California Adventure...they havent been seen in a while.
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, some documentation of what tE said:

Pocahantas at DCA

Brer Bear

The Country Bears

Both of the last two were seen on the Big Thunder Trail to Fantasyland.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the Country Bears still at DL! I never see them when I go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: