Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Captain EO

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Captain EO
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Captain EO Reply with quote

Hello all...I can't find that this has yet been posted, so i thought I'd toss it out there. I was perusing my iGoogle home page and discovered an article in the LA Business journal.

It states that Iger shot down the idea of Captain EO returning...but that Disney was upset about information being leaked. Hmmm...

It has been awhile since I've entered any sort of code here at UAB...so bear with me, I'm just going to try to paste a link for you to read the whole article. Now to see if it works.

http://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/stories/2009/09/07/daily23.html

What are your thoughts? I loved Captain EO...though I really wasn't a Michael Jackson fan. For me this show is just classic Disney--a ton of 80's fun.

What do you guys think? should EO return to the Magic Eye Theatre? Should it be a short run or a special event--or should it not happen at all???
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an MJ fan at all by any means. It was a good show with good effects. I wouldn't mind seeing a short run, but that depends on what kind of message it would send. It turns out wacko was not really an image Disney would want to hold up to anybody.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am/was not a MJ fan, although I will say he had some good songs.

And I was never much of a FAM of Captn EO. I suspect that is because in WDW they always made the volume so loud it actually was painful to sit there. Maybe at a decent sound level I could have enjoyed it.

As to bring it back. I cansee letting it cameo for a brief period, but I suspect it would be dated if it were brought back for a long stretch. And the effects might make a short cameo not cost-effective.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If done well...this could be a good event, since it really is something folks either liked or didn't---there's not a lot of middle ground.

That said, I agree with DP on the quality of events being held in recent years...the merch is lower quality, the entertainment non-existent...they'd need to improve their show!

I do think the rumour is that there are talks of it returning in January...at what level I have no clue. I try not to put much stock in rumours...

: )
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am incredibly thrilled at the prospect of Captain EO's return. I was reluctant to renew my AP after the recent price increases, but the return of EO would make it a necessity. Michael Jackson was an incredible entertainer and humanitarian. I'm glad that Disney is giving MJ the respect he deserves.

Another interesting thought about the return of EO: Isn't it remarkable how Tomorrowland continues to revert back to its pre-1998 state? Slowly, begrudgingly, Disneyland is returning to the status quo Tomorrowland of the late 1980s/early 90s. The Peoplemover is the last link to "old" (good) Tomorrowland that needs to be restored. Bring it on, Disney!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleDick wrote:
I'm glad that Disney is giving MJ the respect he deserves.!

Not sure I follow how he "deserves" this. If they bring it back, that's nice... but "deserves", not sure I can see that.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Eo back on at DLR? Like a lot of stuff from Disney, won't believe it until it happens...
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney needs to leave Captain EO where it is as in not in any parks. It will have 1 maybe 2 weeks of attendance and then the hype will be over. and we the Disney park fans are stuck with a 3D movie we still do not want to watch. If they bring back EO I would like to see Magic Journeys come back for a limited run also. I never had a chance to see it and would much rather see it then EO.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this article at Disney and more, Captain Eo will be back starting January 2010 (I'm guessing that it is going to replace Honey I Shrunk the Audience)... That's the good news...

...More good news, at the end of Captain Eo's run, a new attraction will be installed...

...the bad news, that new attraction is Monsters Laugh Floor.

Sorry DLR... Sad
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer Honey I shrunk the kids over both of those.

Shame they can not think long enough to come up with something "New".
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually kinda like the Laugh Floor. It's a different show every time, and on an occasion or two, I've gotten a side-splitting cast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capatin EO was a fun show, the one time I saw it at WDW. I don't even bother with Honey. The show is not worth the wait, standing against those stupid rails.

Laugh floor is fun.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I hope it's true. If they bring Captain EO back, I'm going out to DLR just for that. I made the hubby watch it on YouTube once, but I kept telling him, "You just don't understand....it was so great in 3D." Maybe now I'll get to prove it. Smile
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More strong talk about the return of Captain Eo at DLR: http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/michael-jacksons-captain-eo-returns-disneyland/
MedievalBoy14
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no the end of the world if they don't restore if for a bit, but I do think a new attraction is needed to replace HISTA. It's getting a little dated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: