Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - "Princess Mom denied entry into park"

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

"Princess Mom denied entry into park"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney International Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: "Princess Mom denied entry into park" Reply with quote

A UK mother was barred entry to Disneyland in Paris after dressing up with her daughter in a 'fairy princess' outfit.

Natasha Narula wanted the trip to Disneyland with her eight-year-old daughter Drew to be special so she decided they should both wear fancy dress outfits, the Daily Mail newspaper reports.

Ms Narula, from Coventry in northern England, bought a "silly, puffy-sleeved" old wedding dress from a second hand shop and dressed her daughter in a white and gold bridesmaid dress.

But the 35-year-old mother-of-two said she was left "stunned and humiliated" when Disneyland officials told her she could not enter the theme park wearing her princess dress because she could be mistaken for a staff member.

"I thought they were playing a joke on me because it was April Fool's Day," Ms Narula was quoted by the Daily Mail as saying.

"But I spoke to a manager and she said they were concerned children would think I worked there and wanted to have their picture with me."

"I didn't even have any make-up on and didn't look anything like the characters in the park, it wasn't like I was wearing a big Mickey Mouse outfit or something."

Ms Narula said she was forced to return to her hotel and change her clothes, while her daughter was allowed to enter the park in her bridesmaid dress.

A spokesperson for Disneyland told the Daily Mail there was a global ban on adults wearing fancy dress outfits into their theme parks "to prevent confusion".
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word... DUH!
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A spokesperson for Disneyland told the Daily Mail there was a global ban on adults wearing fancy dress outfits into their theme parks "to prevent confusion".

What a bunch of crud! They don't stop the freaks from dress'n up during the Star War weekend. Nor do they stop they from dress'n up for Holloween.
Next thing you know they'll be tell'n some in the gay crowd they can't come in because someone may mistake them for a Queen.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is a standing policy at all Disney parks and several other non-Disney theme parks. They do allow exceptions, for Halloween and SWW, but those are posted exceptions and only during specific events. You can only wear a Halloween costume during MNSSHP, you can't wear it during normal operating hours. You can only wear Star Wars costumes during SWW, no other times.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see if the woman had a replica outfit on that would make her look like the
real thing.

But I'm sure an altered wedding dress doesn't look anything like any of the
dresses that the princess in the park wear.

Another exsample of the corperate world useing a blanket policy to cover everything
so noone has to use any common sence.

The policy would make sence if you had a real replca dress, but the way they are
doing it is dumb.

And where would the average person go to find these policys???

And where do you draw the line?? There are some 17 + 18 year old girls that
look older than they are and are much more likely to be mistaken for the real
princess if they were dressed up.

Sad, very sad that they would wreck this familys dream like that!
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say hats off to the Mom for trying to do something nice with her daughter...

BOO to Disney!!

Anyway that evokes a thought.... Idea What If I took my daughter lets say who is 16 and she wants the bibitty boppity boutique ( unless theres an age limit) and they do her up like one of the princesses and she wanders the park all day, would these same people that were confused over that wedding dress/peasant outfit be the same people to confuse a 16 year old for a cast member??

But this is OK with Disney ? no chance of "confusion" on this one right? As long as the outfit is "Official" and disney does it seems like the allowable thing.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney's website:

What is the best way to dress for a day at the parks? Is there any clothing that isn't permissible?

The parks are a casual, family-oriented environment. We suggest you dress comfortably, wear good walking shoes and check the local weather report before you leave for the parks.

Ensuring that the parks are family friendly is an important part of the Disney experience. In that spirit, we ask you to use your discretion and common sense. Attire that is not appropriate for the theme parks (and which may result in refusal of admittance) includes but is not limited to:

Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character
Masks (unless you are dressing up for a particular event)
Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
Excessively torn clothing
Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
Objectionable tattoos
A Guest is allowed into the parks if her or his hair (or make-up, if applicable) has been made to resemble a Disney Princess or character (for example, after a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover) provided the Guest is not also wearing a costume or clothed to look like the character.
GrumpyDaddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownieboy69 wrote:
I say hats off to the Mom for trying to do something nice with her daughter...

BOO to Disney!!

But this is OK with Disney ? no chance of "confusion" on this one right? As long as the outfit is "Official" and disney does it seems like the allowable thing.

As long as they got paid for that offical outfit I think is the case.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter was about 16 and wore a Cinderella dress to the parks. No one said a word, and we even had a guest come up to her for a picture, saying she knew Dori wasn't a real character, but her daughter wouldn't know the difference. No one seemed to care...but that was about 10 years ago.

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I'm gonna disagree with most.

They have had this policy for as long as I can remember, with the exception of the few special events identified above. It has never been a secret or non-publicized.

It is a shame for the lady, but there is nothing above to indicate Disney was rude went out of the way treat her differently than most. They just told her the policy and enforced it.

I see this more as another chance for the press taking a shot to bash Disney.
GrumpyDaddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
My daughter was about 16 and wore a Cinderella dress to the parks. No one said a word, and we even had a guest come up to her for a picture, saying she knew Dori wasn't a real character, but her daughter wouldn't know the difference. No one seemed to care...but that was about 10 years ago.

I was there that year and she was a better Cinderella than some of the real ones.
My daughter was very happy to have gottem her picture with Dori and thought it
was great that she knew who she was.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
I see this more as another chance for the press taking a shot to bash Disney.

Agreed. Kudos to Disney for enforcing their policies that are posted on their website.
GrumpyDaddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that every Disney policy you could ever want to know is on one of
theri web sites to read if you go looking for them.

I go to Disney at least twice a year and I'm sure that even I have no idea about
half of the things the do or don't permit while in the parks.

I work for a major hotel/resort chain and I know that as long as they post and or
print it some place that the public have access they are covered by law.

BUT!!!!!!!!!

The average person, even more so a first timer going to Disney would never think
to check on something as inocent as dressing alike with your child for that once
in a life time trip to Disney.

Besides I see people walking in the parks every year with stirts that have very
inappropreate stuff printed on them and nothing is done.

I'm not a Disney basher by any means i just think its a shame that this family
had a dream taken away because they didn't know to read all the small print.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dress code at Disney has loosened since it opened--we all know that, but the dress policy is one I've come across many times...and I do believe it's in print. (I'm at wok-no evidence here)

I've even heard cast members talking with guests about this very issue--recently. The only exceptions are Special Events. Every event I've gone to also states that if you're an adult you can't be in the parks all day with your attire outside the event.

Bummer for her, but if I'm going to Alton Towers and want to do something that I would even think might be regulated, you bet I'm going to check it out before I travel all that way!

: )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney International Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: