Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Your worst trip to DL

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Your worst trip to DL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Your worst trip to DL Reply with quote

I never actually had a really bad trip. I have only had good ones. But there was one trip in 1999 when it was so crowded I got tramppled on. I was 8 years old and I was scared to death. It was at Christmas time and we were on our way to Indiana Jones at night, but the crowd blocked Adventureland and we went through the crowded crowd and I tripped and got step on. My mom, dad and someone else helped me up and I said in an innocent voice, "No ride is worth this! Crying or Very sad " lol
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw, that's so sad! Sad

i've had some mediocre-to-difficult visits. but probably the worst night i had at a disney park was while i was working at disneyland. attractions hosts (and sometimes people from other departments, too) all have to serve on the fantasmic! chain gang at one time or another...which i absolutely hated. summer crowds, many of them bottlenecking right there at the treehouse, where you got crushed, were absolutely impossible to deal with sometimes. guest control is, to put it bluntly, like herding cattle. in fact, the only position that wasn't actually physically dangerous was at the disney gallery steps. but anyway. on this night, some jerk threw a stroller at me while i was helping put up ropes over by potc. then, working the split between french market and mansion, somebody stepped on my leg. but that wasn't half of it. i found a little girl, named alex, barefoot and SOBBING next to the brick planter. her mother had told her, in the middle of a fantasmic show, to go find the bathrooms...by HERSELF. grrrrr. so i got permission from my lead to go sit with her at lost children. because there was NO way we were going to be able to find her folks in that melee. i felt so terribly for her. Sad
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kali, I feel so bad for you! Lost kids, being hurt, taking crap from guests, it's no wonder someone doesn't go postal some day!

The only "bad" thing I can remember is we were on Main Street at Coke Corner, waiting to see Wishes for the 1st time. We had a great spot, just at the crossing area. We had waited for quite a while and just before the fireworks had started, this Asian guy comes PUSHING though the crowd, screaming at people in Chinese, until he was standing in front of us. EVERYONE started screaming at this guy and FINALLY a CM told the guy he had to move since people had been waiting there for hours. He mouthed off at us and the CM and took off.

The only other thing that sets me off are people who smoke while walking in the non-smoking areas, and people who stop IN THE MIDDLE OF A CROWDED WALKWAY and look at you like you’re a jerk for saying something to them! GEEZE!

DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! That is my biggest peeve about Disneyland!!!!

Guests who think it's a great idea to stop in the middle of the walkways!!!! I just cannot understand the logic???? How does that EVER seem like a good idea???

I always walk by them and say casually in passing so they can hear "GREAT place to stop, maybe you should lay down too!" Laughing

But keeping with this threads condition, the worst time I had at a Disneyland was a trip a looooong time ago, with people who wouldn't let their kids be kids at Disneyland Mad Long story, but it was frustrating to see the magic ruined by overbearing parents.
ksdisneyfan
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst trip to DL was long before my daughter came along. We were out in CA visiting my brother and his family and were going to DL with them. They were calling for passing showers but of course my brother new better because it never rains that long when they call for showers. Needless to say, we got there, paid for our tickets, hoping that the clouds would clear. It poured all day - just buckets. We were soaked through to the skin but none of us would leave since it was our one and only day we could go. Even my niece and nephew had enough by lunchtime and wanted to go. Raining I can handle rain in the parks - but dealing with crabby people who can't is enough to drive my bonkers and ruin my day too Evil or Very Mad

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day..."
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny Kathy but my worst trip sounds just like yours. Wink
Firefly
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:

The only "bad" thing I can remember is we were on Main Street at Coke Corner, waiting to see Wishes for the 1st time.

Wishes?! Surprised Wink

I think the worst trips involved me being sick at the park when I was younger. Not a fun way to spend a day at Disneyland.
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only trip was September 2004... it seemed that everything was closed.... Matterhorn, Space Mountian, Haunted Mansion, Fantasmic, The Castle, Small World, were among them if I remembered correctly. Kind of put a damper on the trip.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
Wishes?! Surprised Wink

Oops...I meant Remember...Dreams Come True.

ciciwoowoo
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to DL in the early 80's (82-83?) and I remember being in the park when a very severe thunderstorm hit. They closed a lot of the rides, and I remember everyone being kind of panicked, and then a tree blew off the Matahorn and hit a lady walking probably about 50 feet ahead of us.

It was really quite scary, as I was probably around 11, and I honestly have very poor memories of DL because of it. I guess someone had said a tornado hit there, and tornados are not the norm in California.
DisneyDave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could have been the yeti Shocked

Laughing
tomarthur
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the few people who actually enjoyed doing Fantasmic GC. I enjoy watching people and seeing how they operate and I love the show. I never understood why someone would pay 74 dollars to come into disneyland, ignore everything done to help them get around when it is crowded and just yell at me.

Honestly, I found it quite funny when people would yell and would just smile and let them vent. I enjoyed the show, the music and the piles of people. For all the bad apples that I encountered, there was always someone who genuinely just needed some guidance or a smile.

oh and my worst experience occurred at the Matterhorn bobsleds. I was working as the belter (basically the person who helps you put on your seat belts) on a very hot and stressful 12 hour day. The ride seems to be always in a bad mood and when you add angry people its just painful. Basically a family was freaking out about their seat belts and I tried to help them but ended up getting yelled at for the entire time. By the time came to dispatch I had their seat belts on but had stopped talking to them entirely. As they dispatched they yelled "Your not very disney like" and I responded "you can't expect me to be friendly with you when your so rude with me" Confused -- they found a manager (by chance), and I received a verbal discipline for my response.

It wasn't exactly the most appropriate thing...but the manager had not been working in the 95 degree weather for 10 hours (I ended up working 13 hours that day). I could go on for ages about what happen, but it just really made me sad that it even got to that point. I'm not sure what I did that got the people so angry with me in the beginning other than not completely stopping the ride so they could put their seat-belts on. (you move from load to ready to dispatch...and if additional time is required a dispatch can be inhibited)

interesting huh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: