King Arthur Carousel Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - WDW Haunted Mansion queue update

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

WDW Haunted Mansion queue update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: WDW Haunted Mansion queue update Reply with quote

Just curious as to what anyone else thinks about these additions to the Haunted Mansion queue...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2011/03/videophotos-inside-new-haunted-mansion-interactive-queue-at-walt-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

I'm of two minds on this....

First is that any additions at a high level is always welcome. As are the new "hat tips" to Imagineers of yore.

However.....there is something that seems to take the air out of the mystery that is The Haunted Mansion.

A little too silly rather then spooky. While I am not one of the many die hard HM fans, I do love the ride and the level of detail and showmanship that goes into it. It is it's own wonderful self-contained world. And now this seems to change that.

But I do reserve the right to change my mind once I actually see it in person.

Those are just my two cents.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the changes, but the theming seems a bit out of place...particularly the cement walkways and tombstones with out any room for a tomb!

I think this is a good thing, but it may have been a case where a little less would have been more.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person. So far, the only thing I can comment on is that I'm not too pumped about one of my favorite rides going from an average queue time of around 20-30 minutes to an average queue time of around 50-60 minutes, which is where the trend suggests this is leading.

Hopefully, it'll die down after a little while, but if people are actually excited about standing in line, I can't see that happening anytime soon.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many of you know, I am a HUGE HM fan. Up to this point, I've liked the changes (both in WDW and in DL). Now I admit that SOME of the features are cool and kind of neat, some of the others are just not in line with the theme of the attraction (in particular the poet). I'm also not a fan of anything that will make lines longer, not shorter. And I also agree with the less is more comment. But I do commend them for trying to take something that's been around for 40 years and spice it up a little. But I'd prefer more spooky than funny.

Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugmalion1 wrote:
I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person. So far, the only thing I can comment on is that I'm not too pumped about one of my favorite rides going from an average queue time of around 20-30 minutes to an average queue time of around 50-60 minutes, which is where the trend suggests this is leading.

Hopefully, it'll die down after a little while, but if people are actually excited about standing in line, I can't see that happening anytime soon.

If they are like DLR the rise won't go away, even though the economy is still bad people are flooding the parks.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizzard419 wrote:
If they are like DLR the rise won't go away, even though the economy is still bad people are flooding the parks.

Good to know, since we'll be there in a few months. Just in time for the start of peak season, too!
Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still sort of off peak right now when we tried to go in after lunch yesterday, but everything was packed like it was summer.

It's been getting worse and worse each year as more locals start buying APs. When they were talking about how the number of full capacity days have been going up (what happens is that everyone who wants to go in gets lined up and they only let in people as others exit the park). What really gets tourists mad is that unless they are staying on site they will be the first group barred entry and AP holders are near the last to be locked out.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizzard419 wrote:
It's still sort of off peak right now when we tried to go in after lunch yesterday, but everything was packed like it was summer.

It's been getting worse and worse each year as more locals start buying APs. When they were talking about how the number of full capacity days have been going up (what happens is that everyone who wants to go in gets lined up and they only let in people as others exit the park). What really gets tourists mad is that unless they are staying on site they will be the first group barred entry and AP holders are near the last to be locked out.

Well, I guess it's a good thing that we're planning on buying those Premium Passports when we go out there, then, huh?
Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, if you go between WDW and DLR in the year you may even want to get that prime one (works for all US parks).
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizzard419 wrote:
Ah, if you go between WDW and DLR in the year you may even want to get that prime one (works for all US parks).

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. We'll be putting it to good use in the next year.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are planning to head out to see the new queue this weekend... Still not sure which way to lean yet, waiting to see what it's like in person...
Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you're a more "fundamental" fan, then you're going to probably not going to like it as much. Double that if you're not the target demographic for the new stuff.

Oooooh we should take bets on how he is going to react. Laughing
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The queue hasn't officially opened yet and they were not running any soft openings yesterday, so we didn't get a chance to see it. But it does look like the queue is being setup so that you can either skip the interactive stuff and head straight to the attraction.

We were able to notice a few things... Most of the old tombstones and gravesites were not removed, just the few that were on the most extreme left. The Madame Leota tombstone and the few nearest her tombstone are still on place (although still under tarps).
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacrilege!!!!!!
Therewasatime
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fellow Foolish Mortals,
Check out this vid detailing some of the new tricks the 999 Happy Haunts have for us.

SPOILER ALERT - EXCLUSIVE DETAILS ABOUT THE NEW INTERACTIVE QUEUE WITHIN
If you want to save it to discover on your next trip don't watch the vid!

There is an article attached to the vid as well I believe.

ENJOY!

http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/OTTHAUNTEDMANSION.flv[/b]

P.S. I was able to rip it off the site, so if anyone wants the video file for their own collection just email me. Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: