Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Cars Land....

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Cars Land....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Cars Land.... Reply with quote

Ok, who's seen it? What's it like. What about the other enhancements and changes?

Let's hear it!!!!

ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsland will meet all your expectations - It is very cool - verry authentic to what I remember "Route 66" looking like in the west - the 3 attractions are great - of course the Radiator Springs Racers were our fav - according to ocm much better then test track - Luigi's tire was down most of the evening but we did get 1 ride and it was fun - and Mator's Junkyard Jamboree was fun - the food is good and the theming is awesome - I know ocm will post more - music was good old timey western/bluegrass - of course good for me - Smile
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally, our ticket gave us a "sneakk peek" into the Buena Vista main entrance - shops are very cool, nice area by lockers offering juices, fruits and healthy snacks, then a Starbucks and much larger ice cream/sandwich shop and lots of seaing - the Red Car Trolley is very cool and lots of era dressed people around to assist like a policeman, gal on a 3 wheeled bike delivering messages, and musick to match - the Carthy Theatre and new fountain are in the plaza area and everyone could check these out and some new theming heading into Hollywood Backlot - will try and remember other tid bits and I know ocm will post more Smile
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cars Land is G-R-E-A-T!!!!!!!!

The attention to detail is AMAZING! If I have some time with ltldeb I'll try to get some photos up when I'm home at the end of the week. The rock work is stupendous!!! The Radiator Springs backstory is complete!!

Each attraction has so much detail in the queue areas and the actual attractions, it's difficult to believe they accomplished this in the same time as many of the other projects.

The Racers are FAB!!! They have taken the Test Track idea to an entirely new level!! The dark ride bits are fantastic with the audio animatronic characters building the story and then when you actually race another vehicle it is great!! The speed of test track with the added off-road dips and turns, it's a super fun-overall good time!!!

The Junkyard Jamboree is lots of fun too--a figure eight ride that whips you back and forth behind the tractors (not tipped over) as the music is playing--lots of fun!!!

Luigi's was a blast---because we followed directions and leaned together--we really got up some speed! They had added some beach balls that apparently weren't originally part of the plan-so they were flying all over too! The whole mechanism is pretty amazing & I'm hoping folks can figure it out and the attraction makes it--it isn't very high capacity and there is a lot of room for user error---so, it could really go either way. I, for one, liked it & hope it makes it at least a few years!!!

We didn't try any of the 'cone' food as we were hungry for a meal over the more snack-like options offered there, and the menu at Flo's is pretty unique to anywhere else in the Parks. I really enjoyed my sliced turkey with mashed potatoes--the baked beans tasted like chili to me, so I passes those over. I did ask for extra gravy & was thankful because the meat was a bit dry. But with the extra gravy--i gave the meal a thumbs up and ate my fill!!! It was a really nice change from the other menu options offered through the Parks (especially DCA)--being a seasonal regular, I can pretty much run down the menus for everywhere in the Parks--I'm always happy to try new things!,

Speaking of----The Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe is a great replacement on Main Street U.S.A. They have the bakery items that The Blue Ribbon used to carry plus a line of soups and sandwiches that all look rather tasty! I had their turkey ciabatta and it was good. My only recommendation would be to add a spicy, brown mustard to the condiment bar--but that wouldn't be very Brittish, would it?

The new entrance area at DCA is alo SUPERB!!!!!!! Again, the theming is AMAZING!!! The shoppes and eateries are all in sync & they even have audio from upstairs!! The Red Car Trolley is gorgeous and the characters on stage are all FABULUOUS!!!! I was a little bit blown away--I wasn't sure what to expect--but it wasn't this!!! This was better than I could have imagined!!! I can hardly wait to see the Park without the dividing walls & separating shrubbery!!

I know I'll have to, but this winter seems so far away!!!!

Perhaps a fall trip for my birthday will have to happen...anyone up to meet me at Disneyland for a Halloween Party?????

: )
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocm forgot to mention the Mad TeaParty preview that we did on Fri night - I will remind her to post about it - a fun time can be had in the Hollywood Backlot - it is on the lines of Electronica - but with a Tea Party flare, pink flamingos, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Alice, The white rabbit, and many others - and oh yes alcohol - lol -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: