Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - All New Game - Disney Answer and Question

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

All New Game - Disney Answer and Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> The Terminal Arcade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that the nieces and nephews are older, the occasional bus delay isn't bad at all.

What makes me laugh is the amount of time you can spend just walking to/from your room and the bus stop. (One of the reasons we usually splurge on Boardwalk or Beach Club - being able to walk to EPCOT and Studios.)

I'm also a bit surprised at how long it can take sometimes for the Magical Express bus to leave the airport. I know it all depends upon time of year, how many people are arriving during a certain time period and at what resort they're staying, etc etc. but, there have been times when I swear it's been a good 30min before the bus leaves.

I use public transportation all the time at home, so I'm used to waiting for a bus and then having 3 show up and none of them are the one you need. It stinks, but traffic patterns, shift changes, etc. I think if anyone is running an efficient system, Disney has to be near the top. Not perfect but not as horrible as people who don't use public transportation may think.
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha. Why don't I post a question as well...... D'oh. 🍩

Do you believe that the cost of a Disney vacation is reasonable/justified in comparison to other vacation choices you could make?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yes the busing. I think they do a very good job, but I wish there was a better way to go between parks using them.

yes and No. I have the benefit of having multiple family members work for the parks, so that helps keep it reasonable.

With out that help, no it is not reasonable at all, and I would not be able to afford to go. And I think it is getting worse. They are more interested in ever than nickle and dimeing folks out of everything. And now with the special tickets for early morning and nights it is getting worse. I don't think this is at all what Walt would have done, sure he would take a good size profit, but nothing to the current level.

Should Main street be brought forward a few years. say out of the 1920'3 to the 1940's?
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like it to stay in the 1920s. I'm just not sure how different the facades would be.

I think they do a good job with the 30s/40s over at Studios (area music, the cars, the street performers (if they're still there)). I'd also be a little concerned about the quality of the make over, not implying the company would do a shoddy job, but obviously it's profit driven above all else these days.

If they changed Main Street to the 1940s, I'd want Studios to change to something else. But, as that time period is one of the golden eras for film, what would it change to?

Side note - the last scene in carousel of progress could be moved out of the 80s.....

I've seen a couple of articles recently where people discuss their ideas for using the former Odyssey restaurant at EPCOT.

What currently vacant space would you like to see re-opened and as what?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonders of Life as an attraction based around Computers.
It is a prime location and the topic of Computers is critical to our future and sorely misunderstood by a majority of the public. and t could be explained in very simple and entertaining ways.

Would you rather see Avatar land change direction to say "Zootopia"?
leaveittobeavs
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe? I think both could be promising as lands (some of the technology for Avatar land seems cool and Zootopia has the potential for so much detail and themeing), but Zootopia would certainly be more Disney-related.

Favorite holiday in the parks?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas.

I'm just not a halloween fan.

Should they re-theme the speedway after CARS and call it part of fantasy land?
leaveittobeavs
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. I think it would be fun to have each of the cars themed liked a character from the film, but I don't know that it needs to be part of Fantasyland? Maybe it's then sort of it's own thing?

Favorite resort to stay at?
leaveittobeavs
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. I think it would be fun to have each of the cars themed liked a character from the film, but I don't know that it needs to be part of Fantasyland? Maybe it's then sort of it's own thing?

Favorite resort to stay at?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically, I've only stayed at value, but I did stay at Port Orleans Riverside once and loved that.

Maybe post kids I can try more resorts.

What resort would you most like to stay at?
leaveittobeavs
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Port Orleans Riverside!

I would most like to stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

Piece of memorabilia you would must like to have in your home?
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be something Mansion related. I've always loved the torches in the wall just as you're exiting the doombuggie. Heck, the 'torchbearers' in the stretching room would work also. Of course, if I could go whole hog, I'd have a little Leota in our entry way to wish visitors well as they exit.

So, Disney Corporate calls you up and says it's time to re-theme Tomorrowland for a new future. They want suggestions. What do you say?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say take out the pads and paper here cause we got some planning to do:

Autopia gets pulled in, but the cars get replaced with "mag lev" hover type cars. computer automated.

Stitch - -Bye-Bye.

I think I would take it in a same direction as paris. a vernes-esque direction.

I'd look to bring in something like the tokyo 20,000 leagues, but bringing it to a horizons based underwater city instead. And the time for Brava Centuri to make an appearance.

I saw Orange bird making a big splash in WDW while visiting recently. Do you think bringing back these types of nostalgic based things are good for disney or just them being too lazy to try new things?
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think nostalgic touches are nice, but I think it should remain low key. I often rail how much I would love for Adventures Through Inner Space to come back to Disneyland, but at the end of the day, progress is bound to happen and I don't think it should be blocked.

But I can't deny the zing I get when I come across some toy or an image that makes me think back.

Heck, even the inclusion of the Hat Box Ghost (and I was not alive when Haunted Mansion debuted) is a nice nod to the past.

But keep it under control.

Along the lines of progress: It's often said that Disney only builds E-Ticket attractions now. The Winnie the Pooh ride at Disneyland is said to be the last non-E built in the park. When California Adventure opened, the non-Es got little fanfare. Is the era of the non-E dead?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so, I just don't think the others get as much press. Some of the parks were sorely in need of E-Tickets. so they have been going in, bit I don't think it is limited to that.

New fantasyland has new rides, second Dumbo, Ariel, and Seven Dwarfs. All decent rides, not sure I would call any of them E-Ticket (maybe Seven dwarfs, but even that is family friendly). Star Wars land and Toy Story, both will have none E-Ticket rides.

Maybe its just me getting old, but I think Disney really needs to be concentrating more on rides the entire family can do together rather than the e-tickets. It is not as enjoyable sitting around waiting while the party splits to go ride things grand parent, parent and little kids can't ride.

What theme restaurant would you like to see Disney build?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> The Terminal Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: