Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - All New Game - Disney Answer and Question

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

All New Game - Disney Answer and Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> The Terminal Arcade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably, but there are a few issues that need to be worked out first.

From the samples it looks like you are talking more about the quick serve locations.

The big draw for these would be fresh produce/fruit, which requires a whole lot more in the way of suppliers, shorter storage, higher waste, and more careful prep. All require more time, and due to that more money. Until the sales volumes go up to spread that cost out more, its gonna stay pricey.

The bigger issue - outside of the kid meals where they do have healthier options and parents do purchase them, the older crowd keeps ordering tried and true items over the healthier options. Disney has modified the menu multiple times, but as long as folks keep ordering the tried and true, they will remain on the menu. And until the healthier options increase volume, you will keep seeing the higher prices.

Guess you will have to wait for the kids eating health meals today grow into health eating adults.

Should Disney begin a slow and gradual replacement of all its older generation audio animitronics to the newer more fluid ones, or should it keep the legacy ones around, and why?
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love the legacy (bring back Maelstrom!), I think a gradual update/replacement of older animatronics needs to happen. The basic shows wouldn't have to change much. If the technology doesn't keep up, eventually the attraction will have to close because it's no longer feasible to maintain and it's too expensive to replace it with the latest tech.
Maybe there could be a museum of sorts on site for the historical figures? A ride through attraction, with info, maybe along the lines of the great movie ride? I think there are 1 or 2 unused spaces available....

What do you think should be done with the EPCOT Innoventions spaces now that most of it is shut down?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do not see it happening, I'd like to see it go more towards the prior communicore approach. Allow major industries the ability to set up exhibits about how they are driving industry forwards into tomorrow. Skip the "pay us a large chunk of money" up front part, and instead allow it to be where they just pay their expenses and get to show off the new and up coming.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry - What attraction on the East Coast would you like to see travel West?
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is an oldie but a goodie!

I think Seven Dwarves Mine Train might be a good fit. Expedition Everest would be pretty cool, but not sure how or if that theming would fit into Disneyland. I've yet to make it out there.....

What do you think of the new Skyliner? Was it really the best transportation option (e.g won't it have to shut down in the rain, high winds) for Disney? Pros/cons?
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I get to Skyliner, I do want to say as a former West Coaster, I always wanted Rock n Roller Coaster to go to CA. Not only that, but I thought Sci Fi Diner would have been a perfect fit for DCA's Hollywood Backlot.

As for Skyliner, I'm trying to reserve judgment overall. I admit that the property was going to need to do something to address transportation (btw, the Minnie Vans are fantastic if you don't mind spending the money). The biggest downfall in my mind is how it'll detract from the skyline overall, but I'll wait to see what it looks like first.

In a perfect world where Disney throws money around like it's-all-good, the best would have been a new monorail track that goes further out to some of the other resorts and maybe stops at Animal Kingdom.

If we want to talk really crazy! Submarines and a series of underground, underwater tunnels. I'm just sayin' looking out over the lagoon and seeing this massive submersible surge up out of the water would be awesome!

Rumors have cropped up again around a fifth theme park in Florida sometime in the mid-twenties. Figuring they can't really do a Marvel park, and Star Wars is already covered, if Disney does move forward with another park, what do you think the theme would/should be?
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd like a park based on Disney classic movies and tv shows or in the completely opposite direction, a new vision of Future World aka how do the imagineers see the world in 100yrs? Colonies on Mars, in other galaxies? Disney liked telling stories in new innovative ways. He liked to imagine the future now. It would be great if that idea continued.

What part of the world should get a Disney theme park next?
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny you mention this because we were just talking about this - I was talking to some friends about all the financial issues Puerto Rico has been having since the hurricane, and someone mentioned that if Disney built a park there, the tourism explosion would probably set the finances back (they'd have to deal with the infrastructure shock though).

South America seems poised, and I think Brazil could probably handle it.
Germany would probably be a great destination, and Switzerland would by hysterical because then they could have two parks with a view of the Matterhorn.

If I had my way, right here in ol' Tennessee wouldn't be bad. We live in this tiny town, and a few years back there was talk of some huge corporation buying a ton of land and building a park. It was all very hush-hush (and eventually fell through) but many of us were secretly hoping Disney was going to try for their historical park (Eisner's dream, but not a terrible idea).

Is there a tall tale or legend that Disney has not touched yet but is yearning to be turned into a Disney feature animated movie?
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Disney ever done anything on the Fae (Irish fairies)? I think most of the American tall tales/legends have been at least touched upon if not had an entire movie about it. Loads of Celtic tales to choose from that might work. (Not the banshee so much)

Given Disney's recent announcement about cutting back its use of plastic, what other things do you think should be done to make the parks more eco friendly?
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you one thing that has always surprised me at WDW is the fact that they won't let the folks staying on property bring their resort cups to the park and keep refilling them for free.

I do want to applaud Disney for converting their buses to eco friendly diesel, but I think they missed an opportunity not having the Minnie Vans be electric vehicles.

It's a small thing, but I think moving to paper straws is not a bad idea either.

Now that Toy Story Land is open, there's talk of an expansion coming that will include a themed sit-down restaurant. If they had the space, what other attraction would you like to see them add to that land?
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a drop ride aka army men with parachutes? (Not as intense as T of T but not a complete little kid ride).

What are your ideas as to how Disney World should celebrate its 50th anniversary?
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're already thinking along these lines, but in a word: Nostalgia!

I think this has already been the model of other organization too - the 70s/80s are hot right now. I never even went to WDW as a kid, but I loooove the early, groovy motif.
So, celebrate the nostalgia and - the ultimate gift: Bring back Dreamfinder.

The Gondola System: Good idea or just another way to bottleneck crowds? Based on what you heard, is there anything you would change?
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like any new thing at Disney, the novelty will definitely create bottlenecks. But, something had to be done re: increased transportation, so unless the skyliner is completely horrible, I see this being crowded at the same times as the buses, monorails, etc.
I also wonder how this system will be affected by storms - especially those daily afternoon summer showers. I wonder if it has to be shut down when say Test Track has to be shut down due to weather/ lightning within a certain distance?
I can't wait to try them out though!!

Cynical question, but what do you think the next money grubbing thing Disney will foist onto its guests? They've added parking fees, experimented with extra magic hours for a hefty fee. What's next and is there an end in sight for this sort of thing?
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, no, I don't think the era of money grabs is over at this time. It's something of a vicious circle when you think about it - Disney creates cool stuff that people get crazy obsessive over, so they know we'll spend the money - I say this because my wife and I are crazy obsessed with Nightmare Before Christmas (growing up, my daughter's friends were always somewhat distressed coming over because we had "skeleton statues" all over the house).

I know there's talk of selling exclusive fastpasses (ugh!). I'm also sure there is an executive somewhere trying to figure out some way to do a Mickey's Not-so-Scary party sometime in April/May, and I don't want to think about the kind of exclusive, one-of-a-kind Star Wars experiences they're about to unleash.

This is more of a generic question, but it's something my wife and I have been discussing a lot since we go to WDW with some frequency: Is the Disney Vacation club really worth it? It seems like an extremely expensive down payment for occasional vacation. Thoughts?
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't answer this from 1st hand knowledge but would love to hear someone's perspective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> The Terminal Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: