King Arthur Carousel Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - What to do with Chester and Hestor's DinoFiasco

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

What to do with Chester and Hestor's DinoFiasco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: What to do with Chester and Hestor's DinoFiasco Reply with quote

Way back, Disney added to Animal Kingdom, the Chester and Hester section. Now don't get me wrong, it is themed well, and the story line is creative and comprehensive. But at the time it was put in, it was suppose to be a short-term fix for a problem of what to do with that section of dinoland. Specifically the adding of those overpriced, carnival cliche midway games. You know, the ones Walt said he didn't want in his theme parks.

Disney has spend a ton of money on Fantasyland, the purse strings are opened for Cars Land and California adventure, The studios is getting a large bit of a rework, and even Epcot is getting changed. for that matter Pandora is moving to the other side of Animal Kingdom. But the Midway remains. (I've been there several times and never seen a lot of guests play the games...)

So i pose these questions. Is Disney ever going to address this "short-term' fix? And if they do address it, what should they put there?

Personally I'd like to see the Chester/Hester restaurantasaurus, and shops remain, but I'd like to see the midway vanish. Maybe replace it with the meet and greets coming out of Camp Minniie Mickey. Make the characters all paleontologists and have them working a dig with huge skeletal cartoon character remains or something.

What would you do with The Chester/Hester Midway? ?
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought that the "midway" was expected to be temporary. I would like them to do something with this area as well. It never seems to be populated and the employees seem quite miserable out there in the sun.

At the very least, they need to plant some trees or put up some type of shade because that entire area is too hot and open to the elements.

They used to have a more "archeological" approach to the area. I suppose they could look into bringins something like that back. At this point however, I think that the "IOA Jurassic Park" area has taken the steam out of this area of the Animal Kingdom.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at the map of AK, and had a strange thought. If they took the Nemo theater and e chester and hester area, and a bit of the space behind both, they could turn it into three possible theme areas very easily...

In both cases the rest of Dinoland can be left intact. (Playground, dino institute, restrauntasuarus, etc)

Camp Minnie Mickey II - Relocate the meet and greet's here. Put in some tree's to break the heat. The characters would be more welcoming than the carnival games. (And you still have options for an UP tie in), or do this within one of the below ideas.

Australia - Which would fit in with the Africa, and Asia areas next to it (alphabetically too). Nemo very easily themes as Australia, and it would allow more rides attractions and animal exhibits based on a part of the world more visitors would never have seen. Kangaroos, Koalas. Wallaby, Sea life, unique flora and fauna, etc. There are also opportunities to tie in other movies, such as UP.

Atlantis - They want to expand the fantasy concept, and it would give them more opportunity to dwell on sea creatures. Again, Nemo fits in here and they could put in a shark or dolphin exhibit (Seaworld might not be too happy), Rays, Coral reefs (a dark ride where you hang suspended while traveling over a coral reef full creatures). Can tie into Ariel, Swiss Family, Castaways, Robin Cursoe, etc. Plenty of historical and mythological creatures as well. Mermaids, Nessie, Champie, sea serpents, 20,000 leagues (put volcano in back or area and theme part like Disney Seas), Kraken, Cthulhu, Megladon (tie in to Dinoland next door), selkie, siren, Hippocampus

Seems like there are plenty of options.

What do other UAB'rs think? Any other ideas for this area, and ways to better explore the ones above?
RichInOrlando
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movies "Atlantis" and "Atlantis 2" would be a good stepping off idea...
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichInOrlando wrote:
The movies "Atlantis" and "Atlantis 2" would be a good stepping off idea...

That would be an interesting idea but I am not sure those movies have enough of a fanbase that people would recognize them. I think Antantis would make for good theming however. I also like the Australia idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: