Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - My brother is booking his WDW wedding!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

My brother is booking his WDW wedding!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: My brother is booking his WDW wedding! Reply with quote

Howdy folks!
As the post says, my little brother is in the process of booking his wedding in WDW. While details are still forth coming, it seems like it will be a very small affair with the ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion and then dinner at Ohana's.

As you can imagine everyone in the JTToad household is very excited!

Has anyone here had any experience with a wedding down there?

Also, we have two little(ish) ladies who are huuuuge Harry Potter fans, so we will be making a trip to Universal. It has been 20 years since I've been there actually (oy!). And advice for those parks? Any advice on tix for there?

For Disney, we're all set for tix already. Now we are just waiting to book a place to stay.

Any advice, hints, or tips would be appreciated!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, congratulations to you, your family and of course your brother and his bride-to-be. That’s awesome that they’re getting married, but even more awesome that they’re doing it in WDW!

We’ve never been to or had a wedding ceremony there, so I have no advice on that. BUT, I have seen the wedding pavilion and it is a beautiful place. As far as a place to stay (if that hasn’t been decided yet) I would pick ANY of the Monorail resorts (with The Poly being my favorite). It’ll make getting around a tad (pole) easier.

As for USFL, we haven’t been in a few years, but my understanding is that both the Harry Potter parks are absolutely worth going. If the kids are JUST into Harry, you can get a single park ticket for just that park (I believe it’s Islands of Adventure). When we went, it was before the new land had opened, and the original HarryPotterLand was a good half-day adventure, so with both parks, I’d say you’ll need an entire day. And where this is one of the MOST popular areas of USFL, I’d say try and visit on an off-day (check the Googlemachine for best days). I also believe that you can get discounted tickets from Undercover Tourist (oddly enough, they have frogs a their mascots).

But regardless, it’s going to be amazing and I wish everyone my best!

Alacrity
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, it will be a wonderful event! As it happens, my wife and I were married in the Wedding Pavilion just about 9 years ago! We also had a small event with a reception at the Grand Flo, lunch at Whispering Canyon and Dinner at O'hana's. Lunch was an event itself with my wife still in her dress and the restaraunt manage freaking out that she would get BBQ on her dress. He brought her a sheet though she only had a vanilla shake for lunch just in case of spillage! After the guests had gone we had our own dinner at V&As. Also an event!

Though it has been a while since our day at the Pavilion, if I can answer any Q's I'd be more than happy!
Alacrity
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, it will be a wonderful event! As it happens, my wife and I were married in the Wedding Pavilion just about 9 years ago! We also had a small event with a reception at the Grand Flo, lunch at Whispering Canyon and Dinner at O'hana's. Lunch was an event itself with my wife still in her dress and the restaraunt manager freaking out that she would get BBQ on her dress. He brought her a sheet though she only had a vanilla shake for lunch just in case of spillage! After the guests had gone we had our own dinner at V&As. Also an event!

Though it has been a while since our day at the Pavilion, if I can answer any Q's I'd be more than happy!

Last edited by Alacrity on Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will send on all the congratulations. They, and we, are very excited.

We are planning on spending the week, to get some WDW fun in, but we all are looking forward to USFL. All of us for the Potter stuff. And me also for Springfield!

From my quick look it seems like we will need the Park to Park pass for the day we plan on spending there, to make sure we get everything in.

I will have to check out Undercover Tourist for their ticket prices. Thanks for the heads up.

As I said, we are all looking forward to it very much. But it is going to be very low key. Just a ceremony and then a dinner. My brother and sister-in-law to be moved down to to Orlando last year and now both work at WDW, so it just made sense to keep it there.

We are hoping to stay at Grand Flo or Poly. The Grand Flo we have never stayed at, and the last time I stayed at the Poly was in the late '80s. We will be using DVC points (thanks Mom and Dad!) so we will have to see what is available. We have stayed in Bay Lake Tower, and it was great, so it's not like that would be that bad if we ended up there. But we are hoping for one of the 3 on the Monorail for convenience sake.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to your family. Hope you and the tadpoles have a good time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: