Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Star Wars Expansion

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Star Wars Expansion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAIRat
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Expansion Reply with quote

So, one other thing about our trip that I noticed and was hoping that a DLR regular could verify for me. Have they widened/added the walkway between the lower floor of the Hungry Bear seating area and the river? I swear I remember sitting right at the water's edge in that dining area when I was younger. It looked like they had added a walkway to get to the Star Wars Expansion (just like over behind BTM). Am I remembering correctly?

Thank you!
'00 - Studios Merch (Stage 1/Tatooine Traders/Coaster Photo/Fantasmic), '05-'06 - Attractions (KSR), Dinoland Merch, '06-'07 - Concierge (Multiple Resorts), '07-'08 - Dream Squad (Aminal Kingdom), '10 - DVC Member Services
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The walkway is still the one from Frontierland to Fantasyland, but it has been modified a bit as was the Rivers of American and the Disneyland Railroad was rerouted as well. If I remember correctly there will be two places to enter Star Wars Land from that Walkway. The rock work and landscaping along the Railroad is very nice with added waterfalls and ambient sounds to block what I am sure will be a rather noisy area. You can see some things happening but would have a better view from the "parking structure" but since I stayed on property both of my last trips did not go over there. I was a little disappointed with the railroad narration as I felt some things were cut out that you still actually see but there is no narration for. You will still be able to sit right on the Rivers of American when eating on the lower level of Hungry Bear. The other major change in this area was the changes to Fantasmic ... again I am a purest and like things to stay the same, that being said the changes seem to be pretty seamless and the majority of the original show are intact, there is no longer "dessert" seating which I miss and all the brick seating is now reserved with a dinner or box dinner package. Think that is about it ...

Smile
CAIRat
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I saw the new walkway right by the old Rainbow Caverns tunnel between Fantasyland & Frontierland (just past where Big Thunder Ranch gate used to be if memory serves) but over at Hungry Bear there is now a really wide walkway that runs between the seating area and the river that runs right up to the construction berm. That is new right? I really like how well they rerouted the train. Almost feels seamless (almost).
'00 - Studios Merch (Stage 1/Tatooine Traders/Coaster Photo/Fantasmic), '05-'06 - Attractions (KSR), Dinoland Merch, '06-'07 - Concierge (Multiple Resorts), '07-'08 - Dream Squad (Aminal Kingdom), '10 - DVC Member Services
boundlessrealm
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They actually did expand the walkway next to the Hungry Bear restaurant that goes to a 3rd entrance into the Galaxy's edge area. If you hit up the UAB Facebook page, you can actually view a video from a live broadcast i did back in August. It from the Mark Twain. it was shot right at dusk but you can get a good look at this new walkway and the area as it is now.

https://www.facebook.com/utilidors.broadcasting/videos/vb.699814244/10155991361574245/?type=3
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching it now. Also, that is a WICKED 'stache Dude! Love it! Also, 3rd entrance? Is there going to be a way in from over by the Toontown tunnel (only place that makes sense)?
boundlessrealm
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments about the mustache. Its even better now with full curls now. there are going to be 3 entrances into the SWGE. Going from West to east, the first being the aforementioned entrance behind the HBR and to the left of ROA. Then going on Big Thunder trail from Frontierland to Fantasyland there will be one on the left just as you head back (that one is massive) and then another just before you get to Fantasyland. Those are covered in another video that same day.

https://www.facebook.com/utilidors.broadcasting/videos/vb.699814244/10155991300299245/?type=3
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome about the curls! I can't ever get a full enough 'stache to get a full curl. Yeah. The entrance behind BTM looks massive! I must have missed the third one when I was there. Will watch the videos a little later today. I also went ahead and added UAB on FB. So glad you guys are still here. This is the definitive source for On Demand Disney music. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: