Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - What's your age? :)

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

What's your age? :)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: What's your age? :) Reply with quote

theEpiphany started a great discusion on what the favorite tracks are for each member. All of mine are from the early 80's when I began working at WDW. I think a member's favorite tracks depend on your age and how you remember each park. So this brings up another discussion: how old are the members of UAB? Is there a median age? Do the 20's crowd have the 40's crowd outnumbered? Smile I'll be 45 this year. I started working at the Magic Kingdom 25 years ago in the WDW College Program. Who else will admit there age? Smile
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without divulging too much information.

Not as old as Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom but Older than EPCOT.

EPCOT is my favorite park, hence why you see many of my requests from there...most notably the EPCOT from 1982-1994.

I live 3 miles from Disneyland so you can imagine that I spend a lot of time there.

I'm all for nostalgia Smile

-D
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW This definitly explains your affinity for the Tencennial Smile

-D
Airport Information Representative
Airport Information Representative

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be 30 this year
my first (and only) DL visit was in 1989 and I've been to WDW in 1992, 1995, 1998, 2005.
I tend to request only what I can think of at that moment (hence why I seem to always choose the same thing Razz )

Last edited by trekty on Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney3xjc, you'll be 45 this year?!?!? Wow you're old...thank goodness I'll only be turning 29 this year (which I've been doing for the past 16 years) Smile

My favorites seem to stem from the 50's and 60's. I also love the old time tracks for ToT and such from the 20's, 30's and 40's.

My first WDW visit was in 80 and then I didn't return again until 96. My first DL visit was in 95.

theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David you're as old as the Tower of Terror is supposed to be....Who are you kidding....

-D
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 3 years older than the Magic Kingdom.

My first visit to WDW was in 89, which is why I usually requests songs from EPCOT since it made such an impression on my first visit to WDW. Since 89 I visit WDW once or twice a year.

My first visit to Disneyland was in 94. To this day I am still blown away by Disneyland and visit there at least once a year. I tend to request vintage Disneyland music.
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. So far I am the oldest guy here. I am 2 years older than DL. I remember the original Mickey Mouse Club on black and white TV. I had a Davy Crockett Sweatshirt a way back when.

My birth certificate is a piece of birch bark written with a sharp stick dipped in berry juice.

Time for my nap.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be 29 on June 22nd of this year.

I've been to WDW about 23 times and to DL twice (once on an Imagineering job interview!). However, most of those trips have been since I've had been out of school and have been paying my own way to go twice a year.

I'm with theEpiphany, my fondest memories of the park were from the mid 80's when Epcot was the big new thing. I was actually lucky enough to get an all-expenses VIP pass in the mid 80's through a family friend who worked at AT&T. This gave us back stage access to all of the rides (the Magic Eye Theatre in Imagination is amazing!), and all-expenses paid food (we tried the snails at France just for fun). So, that's the trip that sticks in my mind (hence my affinity for the Captain EO/Figment stuff).

I prefer the vintage stuff from the mid-late 80's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to see we have a lot of early EPCOT Center fans, when it really was EPCOT. Smile I was lucky enough to be there on opening day and 3 weeks later for the grand dedication ceremonies. I have collected Disney memorabilia since I was 8, but the major part of my collection is pre-opening and opening of EPCOT. I'll try to post some of my pictures I took of the rehearsals and activities of the dedication weekend. Smile The actual ceremony was awesome! Most of my requests are from the early days of EPCOT (Horizons, Universe of Energy, Imagination). And yes, I have a special place in my heart for the Tencennial parade. I worked Outdoor Foods on Main Street so every afternoon I was there for the 3PM parade. I even had my picture taken on the opening float that Mickey and Minnie rode on (the one in the picture with the big "10")...Smile
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm another person who was an impressionable kid when disney was marketing epcot center in the early 80s. Very Happy i love oldskool futureworld. my first trip to wdw was in 86, so the parks that "were" influenced my disney associations in major ways. Smile

since i'm from california, i've spent a LOT of time at disneyland. the 'new' msep really shaped me; it debuted in 1977, which was the year i first visited disneyland. i'm mildly synaesthetic, so you can imagine that the lights and jeweltone colors of the parade saturated - and continue to affect - the way i see and feel words and concepts. the sounds affected me too. old analog synth always make me think of that parade. prolly also explains my Moog affinity. Smile

basically anything a kid would have seen or heard at disneyland in the late seventies through the eighties resonates with me. i'm like the rca-victor dog and the victrola when it comes to jack wagner: 'the sound of his master's voice' lmao. i have very different kinds of associations with the disneyland of the 90s and the 21st century. they're still very strong, just more...adult, i guess. there's not the same kind of childlike magic involved.

oh yeah, and i'm 30. 31 in june.
Firefly
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm one of the younger folks on here. I'm 18 years old, so I'm new to the whole adult thing. Wink As a result, I tend to request the newer stuff which I connect to more. Although, the older tracks really fascinate me as well, since I wasn't around to see or ride these things.

I've been to WDW 3 times (hopefully my 4th time will be this summer) and Disneyland over 20 times.

As a side note, I find it funny that when it comes to Epcot, we can call the early to mid-eighties "vintage". Very Happy
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

34 years old; but started my WDW experience a little late, never was there as a kid (although, technically we're all kids again when we walk through the gates.). I've been to WDW 14 times (15 after this June). Started going in 95 and have gone once or twice a year since then. The music in the parks add so much to the overall experience. My favorites are from Magic Kingdom (especially Main Street and Carousel of Progress). I love hearing the attractions I've seen or ridden on that are no longer at the parks, Alien Encounter, Horizons, Tarzan Rocks, original Journey Into Imagination just to name a few. And thanks to UAB they are now only a request away.
I Also enjoy the early Disneyland stuff. Anything Walt had a personal touch on is well worth a listen.
darkclouds
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 45'er in the group. Do love the 40's stuff for some reason, maybe in another life I was in a swing band. Not much music that I don't like..... at least that played at UAB Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well technically I will be 37 this year!

Mentally.... I'm gonna say..... ohhhhhh.... 13! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: