Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Your backyard...?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Your backyard...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the tagent...just a thought of monorails outside of the parks. Smile
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Piph....I don't understand your tangent at all...I'm certainly not into monorails myself
<<<<<<<<-----(see pic)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what I would want in my basement....20,000 Leagues Under the Sea...

That would rock!
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...depends on what time of year it is...I'd love GRR for summertime Smile

For winter...I'm not sure...

I gues overall one of the old favorites would be best...like Pirates...just a relaxing ride!

: )
darkclouds
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POTC all the way

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
allisonwonderland

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i'd live in the castle, and the hitchiking ghosts could travel through the varous mirrors in my house. I'd take the monorail to the parks (aka work) the pirates would be in the basement. i'd have a spash mountain shower and the tree of life in the back yard. lotsa bugs tho... i guess. The tiki room would be the party area and the ... wait a min... i like this better...check out the new post...
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in my backyard I'd want a garage, with a small driveway that connects to a road which is seperated from everything else. In my front yard I'd like a people mover. I could walk out my front door in the morning, then follow a winding path that leads to the people mover station. I would ride it into the center of the city, where I would get off at the transportation lobby. From then I could get on the monorail and leave the city, or go upstairs and play golf ABOVE the downtown area. 18 holes surrounding a 30 story hotel. I'm horrible at golf, but the veiw from up there would be amazing. Maybe there will even be a park bench with a bronze statue on it, similar to the one in town square at the Magic Kingdom. You know, the one with Roy Disney, and Minnie Mouse? Only this would be Walt and his wife Lilly. Just a statue of them sitting there, taking it all in, now that the thing is done. FINALLY. I wounder what the view would be like from the top of the hotel though? I'm sure I could see my house. And maybe when I get home, I'll find a kitchen full of new appliances. Would anyone else want to live in a place like this?
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. First of all, if you saw my house you'd almost believe it WAS the Haunted Mansion, (yes, it's that old!) My backyard is so overgrown that it could almost resemble ANY part of Adventureland even without the attractions. As for the surrounding neighborhood; let's just say that Main Street has got nothing on our nostalgia trips and city planning. But on a softer note, I just think that having ANY Disney park ride/show/attraction in any part of your immediate area is enough to make anyone never want to leave their house again, EVER! Wow! Until later, peace.
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So blinkereye, you would be happy having the new Imagination attraction in your backyard? I'm not talking about the update of the new one, after they tossed in Figment. I'm talking about how it opened, when Nigel, or whatever the winner's name is (you know the chairman of the "imagination institute") was narrationg the whole god awful thing.

I'd still like the peoplemover, and everything else that went with it in my last post. I would of course be living in an experemental community called EPCOT. That would probly be the one thing that could top having Horizons in my back yard. Then again, living in EPCOT would make me feel like Horzons is not too far on the, uh, horizon.
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the next sound you hear will be a very large can of worms opening up. When I was younger, REALLY younger, I would take thebus to school every day. The route we used to use took us through alot of interesting neighborhoods. As most kids do I fought off the boredom by picturing some of the houses and streets as various landmarks from DL. You know; an antique house as HM, an old convenience store as one from MS, and because I lived in a predominately hispanic area varous crafts and fixtures as decorrations from AL to FL. So you can see why I'm not quite in the right headspace when it comes to my living conditions. As for the "imagination institute", as much as I'm a fan of Monty Python I don't think I could take Eric Idle lecturing me all day long. However, having two giant glass pyramids in your back yard could only be an attention-getter. Peace.
evilshady
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I guess I'd have to go with Mansion, simply to freak the neighbors out a little with that constant howling going on. But since I'm a huge coaster nut, I would love to have DLR's Space Mountain. Maybe if I could fit it underground in a deep bunker that would hold it and keep Mansion on top of it. Oh wait, Florida, no basements, much water...Augh!

-Evil Shady (why hasn't anyone said Hall of Presidents?)
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Evil I'll say it, The Hall of Presidents but I'll still go with River country

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does living next to the freeway count as having autopia in your backyard? No? Oh well. Further down the street from me is what has become a second rate WDW. It's the Las Vegas Strip. It's so strange to be driving down some old street, nothing special about it, then all of a sudden you spot the monorail track. It's so weird. Like every time we went to WDW, and took the cab from the airport to the Poly... once we spotted the epcot monorail line, we were finally conviced we were there. That image sticks with you. You can spot it from miles away. Sometimes if I have free time, and I'm driving around down there, I'll follow the track here in Vegas. It's mostly over roads anyway. It's so weird to see it over the palm trees, but then look down and see a dumpster and a bum. Sometimes when I have free time, I also look for those old mark 4/bally's monorails. I can't find them. They might not even be in vegas anymore. Some day I should ask the guy who runs the junk yard they were in. Maybe he knows. Maybe I can boost one, and have a monorail in my yard. You know, right in front of the autopia.
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adventures through InnerSpace in my basement would be cool!
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Just a quick observation here. I should mention that in my old neighborhood we actually had a street called, wait for it, Disney Way!! I kid you not so, as you can see, I've been a fanatic from day one. Peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: