Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Reservation System

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Reservation System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reservation System Reply with quote

We have had so many issues lately with the WDW reservation system. We'll have to make call #4 about January. They are crossing phone numbers with other reservations we make for others in our party. They are crossing parts of phone numbers (had my son's area code from FL attached to our phone number in MA), after having the AAA rate added a few weeks ago, we got a statemnet with the original room rate in the mail. And without the phone number being correct, you can't check the reservation online. Donna spent almost an hour on the phone at the beginning of the month and thought it was all straightened out. Now we'll have to go through the exercise again.

And it took them awhile to find our October reservation, even when we gave them the number.

Maybe the issue is that last year we made reservations for 13 people. But after a few calls you would think that everything would be ironed out.

Anybody else having problems with this?
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that sucks... I have never really heard of those kinds of issues with the reservation system....

I do know that they store a ton of data.... whenever we make a reservation, they ask us if certain people will be joining us, because that person was on one reservation 5 years ago.... And now they are asking for name, address, and numbers for everyone staying in the rooms, not just the person booking.... Maybe a little too much info....

Sounds like they have crossed up a lot of data in thier system.... next time you call, ask to speak with a supervisor... then ask to have all of the information tossed out the window and start over from scratch (if they will do that)....

Yup, never heard those kinds of issues before... I mean, I just booked a week long vacation at Disneyland next year and it only took 10 mins for the whole thing (tickets, hotel, trans, and flight)....
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was strange for Donna when they asked if my ex was still at our address. I heard her say that her name could be reomoved. That has been attached to our address for 14 years. Hopefully that won't come back.
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same experience a couple weeks ago. We have 3 seperate families going, and we had things like my son being listed in my sisters family. and wrong address for my mother.

It also seemed nearly impossible for us to make any dining reservations. None of the 6 nights of dining we called to request were available. It took literally hours on the phone and several seperate calls to come up with something that worked.

I'm not letting it spoil our fun Very Happy but it was alot bigger hassle than it usually is.
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had the same problem with ADR's - nothing available when I called in July for a November trip - and there are only 2 of us going!!! Shocked
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, the dinner reservations are something else..... That is a completely different problem...

That is related to dinning packages and free dining give aways they have been doing for the last few years..... The started this thing were they give away free dining to people booking their vacations... Between that and the dining packages, the "restaurants" fill up extremely fast....

It's almost impossible to find openings the morning of on the weekends... Example, this past weekend, the only restaurant at Epcot that still had openings was Nine Dragons... all of the others had been full for a while....

This dining program has become the bane of passholders and florida residents who would like to enjoy seated restaurant service, without having to plan it weeks in advance.... You just can't get up and go any more....

Don't get me start on other ways that passholders are considered second class, to everyone else......

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now....
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain Daguru, I hate it when I wake up int he morning decide to skip work and hop down to WDW for a day of fun and I have to eat at counter service.
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right you two! Take it outside. First it's football rankings, now dining. If you can't get along, I'll have to separate you.

Don't make me stop this car!
eatmon74

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was agreeing with him .... for once Razz
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eatmon74 wrote:
I thought I was agreeing with him .... for once Razz

Sounded a bit sarcastic to me. And I know sarcasm from a way back. Part of the reason the nuns at school used to call my parents.....often!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: