Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Here is the TRIP REPORT I promised

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Here is the TRIP REPORT I promised
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife typically doesn't carry a purse, say it is too much of a pain... Which is a good thing, cause she leaves things everywhere. Instead she carries a fanny pack, or the best... We push the stroller.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
We push the stroller.

Ah, we do that some times, but it is usually a wheel chair...... and the person pushing is usually called "the donkey" (actually we use other terminology, but since this is a family website Wink )...
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my son is almost out of stroller age... That is going to be a problem... Have to either have another child or cripple someone ...

Last edited by WDWFan on Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A camera in one cargo pocket, sunglasses in the other, or on the face, then my wallet in one front pocket, and cellphone in the other. That's all I need. I cant figure out what it is you guys are hauling around with you. Oh and my back pockets are always empty. I don't like sitting slanted.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me27821 wrote:
A camera in one cargo pocket, sunglasses in the other, or on the face, then my wallet in one front pocket, and cellphone in the other. That's all I need. I cant figure out what it is you guys are hauling around with you. Oh and my back pockets are always empty. I don't like sitting slanted.

If it were just my stuff, you would be right. That is all I need. It is for all the kid paraphernalia... The child's bottle/sippy cup, the kids cameras in addition to my own, their "autograph books", pin lanyards, diaper bag, park maps, show schedule, and the wife won't take the kids with out rain ponchos for every kid. Lest we forget, sunblock, bug spray, goldfish (the crackers), water bottles... Rolling Eyes

For some reason Dad seems to synonymous with "Family Pack Mule". So personally the stroller is a nice way to get it all off my back (so to speak).

I miss the days of just getting up, grabbing the car keys and camera and just leaving.... Crying or Very sad
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually stuff things in cargo pants, too. Since I'm blind as a bat, this year I carried a tiny backpack so I could keep my prescription sunglasses in there. It was just the right size because any little souvenirs we picked up fit in there, but it wasn't bulky or heavy. If it weren't for the glasses, I would have stuffed my room key, some cash and a chapstick in my pockets and been done with it.
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was made to carry my own sippy cup when I was a kid. I was also made to carry my own toy cars, and toy planes. And I always wished I had a toy monorail. My favorite activity was driving my cars back and forth on the handrail inside the skyway bucket. If I couldn't do that, I was trying to climb on them. My aunt tells me I came closer to death more times in WDW, than anywhere else, just because of the things I pulled there. I once came a shoelace away from getting crushed in the revolving door at the Contemporary. But I think the closest ever was after I ate the shrimp koktail (had to spell it wrong so it doesn't get automatically edited to "lollipop") from the crystal palace. My mom swears the closest was when I refused to leave WDW. I was like 2 years old, and grabbed hold of the first thing I could once I realized we were leaving. I don't remember it, but I'm told it took my mom, aunt, and a cast member to pry me off the pole, and get me in the cab. I imagine it was something like getting a cat into a bathtub.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: