Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney Park Security Gates? Are they worth it?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney Park Security Gates? Are they worth it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Disney Park Security Gates? Are they worth it? Reply with quote

You all know what I'm talking about. However, I feel they slow down the process of letting people in... for nothing. They seem to be pulling the act of 'safety' when the reality is they don't even check your bag.
So my question is, do you think they should leave it or get a BETTER system. Maybe metal detechers?
A local theme park even has metal detechers but NOT Disneyland. However, it would slow down the line HORRIBLY!!!
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this post 9/11 world they don't really have a choice.

Not to mention it has become an industry standard as well.

If Disney was to stop doing to so called bag checks and something would happen
the liablity on them would be out of this world.

Most of the time we don't seem to loose that much time getting past the Security check
points. Well except for EPCOT who still don't seem to have it down yet?

Lets face it, in todays world I fear that things like Security check points and bag checks
are here to stay.

Besides it could be worse. I went to see the Patriots play a couple of years ago and
they were even patting you down to get past the security check point.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well soon and very soon they will be testing a new system for L-3 Communications and thats all I'm saying at least they were in the talks with them....... shshshsh.... can you keep a secret? HA Ha so can I.

This new system will change the way you think of how to travel to Disney and everywhere there is a check point......

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for the Security check points. Yeah they slow things down, but that is a price I am willing to pay.

As to the trueness of the security. Some of them pay more attention than others, and some of the things they are checking for are not the same things you would be expecting them to check for.

I've seen them ask people to remove an item from a bag or open something up. So personally, I say, please keep up the work. Imagine having to spend your day trying to protect a bunch of overweight tourists, while standing in the ?Florida sun while all they do is complain about you, Not a job I would want.

Besides when you are looking at them, you have no idea what other security feature might just be looking at you.
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the extra few minutes it takes, and for the deterrant they may be, I have no problem at all.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to KSC they are much worse to go through security a metal detector then a pat and bag check Come on at least were safe or relatively act least ---- If someone wanted to do something it would be easier for a cast member to do something.

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree security check points are a good idea for a deterrent, but beyond that they are useless. I could bury something at the bottom of a camera bag or purse and no one would know it's there. They don't (and can't) look deep enough.

It's a Disney expense that is not worth what they are paying. And in the end, WE'RE the ones paying for it.

fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I'm against it, its just I think unaffective!!! If they really want us to be safe they shouldn't just glimpse at the backpack and say, "That's good." Without barely looking. If they want security check points I'm all for it, but these ones are pointless because someone could easily bring in something dangerous without our knowledge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: