Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - New Rock N Roller Coaster Sponsor

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

New Rock N Roller Coaster Sponsor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: New Rock N Roller Coaster Sponsor Reply with quote

From the Orlando Sentinel

Hanesbrands Inc. signs deal with Disney
Ieva M. Augstums | Associated Press
7:26 PM EDT, October 30, 2007

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Looking to keep growing its Hanes and Champion brands, Hanesbrands Inc. said Tuesday it has signed a wide-ranging marketing deal with The Walt Disney Co. that includes product co-branding, attraction sponsorships and signage at Disney parks and resorts.

The 10-year deal is estimated to be worth "tens of millions of dollars," and is the largest marketing alliance for the T-shirt, bra and underwear maker, Hanesbrands officials said. The company shared details of the deal with The Associated Press before its public announcement scheduled for Wednesday.

"I cannot think of a better partner with Hanes than Disney," said Kevin Hall, the chief marketing officer at Winston-Salem-based Hanesbrands. "Hanes, like Disney, connects with America. It's a brand for all ages and all genders. It's a family brand."

All basic apparel sold by Disney at its parks and resorts, and at the company's ESPN Zone restaurants, will now be from the Hanes and Champion lines. Under the agreement, basic apparel includes T-shirts and tanks and fleece sweat shirts, sweat pants, hoodies and other garments, including infant and toddler items.

The deal also allows Hanesbrands to co-label much of the clothing, as in "Disneyland Resort by Hanes."

"I would think it will help the perception of the consumer," said Global Crown Capital analyst Martin Pyykkonen. "As they walk into the store they are asking themselves, 'Oh, do I buy this T-shirt and it falls apart?' Having a name brand like Hanesbrands may help."

Hanes also will become the sponsor of the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, one of the main attractions at the Disney-MGM Studios park in Florida. Champion will also have naming rights for the stadium at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida, and the deal includes promotions at the ESPN Zone restaurants throughout the country.

Hanesbrands chief executive Richard Noll said the agreement "builds on the strength of two of the world's most recognized brands."

"We have a commitment to invest in our strongest brands," Noll said in an interview. "It's one more tactic along the way."

Since its spin-off from Sara Lee Corp. a year ago, Hanesbrands has focused on growing and bringing attention to its largest and top-selling products. In September, the company launched a national advertising campaign for its Playtex bras. The campaign, dubbed "Girl Talk," features women talking about their breasts and their attempts to find bras that fit well.

Over the course of the year, product promotional spots featuring actress Jennifer Love Hewitt, basketball great Michael Jordan and Academy Award-winning actor Cuba Gooding Jr. have aired on television and online.

"We've got a lot of room to grow these big brands," Noll said. "That's our plan."
napabeth
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. . . . . bra and panty sponsor for Aerosmith . . . . . . gotta love Rock'n'Roll!!!!!!!
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

napabeth wrote:
Interesting. . . . . bra and panty sponsor for Aerosmith . . . . . . gotta love Rock'n'Roll!!!!!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth! "Look who we've got our Hanes on now?!"
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now when you soil yourself on the takeoff, they have a sponsor that's got your back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sales guy who inked this deal is set for life......
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
So now when you soil yourself on the takeoff, they have a sponsor that's got your back.

Depends!

Get it....?

I'll go back work now.
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only natural thing to do next (which I bet will happen) is to have Steven Tyler start appearing in hanes commercials.

Last edited by me27821 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Steven Tyler, but even I don't want to see him in his skivvies!
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, does anyone else see where this is going?

onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's huge

I'm more concerned about price increases...hanes and champion are pretty decent quality and I know my champion sweatshirts cost more than others...ah well, maybe they'll last longer Smile

: )
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more scared that this might be a possible replacement for the lost wand...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: