Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney in Hawaii

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney in Hawaii

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGT623
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Disney in Hawaii Reply with quote

3 October 2007: Disney Expands Resort Business on Oceanfront Property in Hawaii

Walt Disney Parks & Resorts announced today that the Company has finalized plans to purchase 21 acres of oceanfront property on Hawaii's island of Oahu.

The property, located on the island's western side in the picturesque Ko Olina Resort & Marina, Honolulu's premier resort destination, will be home to Disney's first mixed-use family resort outside of its theme park developments. The expansive resort, scheduled to open in 2011, will have more than 800 units including hotel rooms and villas for Disney Vacation Club, which is Disney's rapidly growing timeshare business.

"This resort hotel will give our guests another way to visit an exciting part of the world with a brand they trust," said Jay Rasulo, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. "In fact, Hawaii has been among our most requested Disney Vacation Club getaway locations beyond our theme parks. We are looking forward to building a special family resort that honors the cultural diversity of Hawaii and reflects the spirit of aloha that makes this location so unique."

Consistently ranked as one of the top family destinations in the world, Hawaii's natural beauty and extensive offering of family activities make it an ideal location for a Disney resort. The new resort hotel will be the latest addition to the Ko Olina development, known for its sweeping ocean views, picture-postcard white sand beaches and tranquil crystal blue lagoons.

Part of the Disney resort hotel in Ko Olina will be dedicated to Disney Vacation Club, a timeshare program that helps families enjoy flexibility and savings on vacations for decades to come. By becoming a member of Disney Vacation Club, families can enjoy vacations at Disney destinations worldwide as well as more than 500 other popular Member Getaways vacation locations around the globe.

Disney Vacation Club has grown to serve more than 350,000 individual members from more than 100 countries and all 50 U.S. states.

"We are delighted to create a place in Hawaii that our Disney Vacation Club members can call home," said Jim Lewis, President of Disney Vacation Club. "We know that both our existing members and new members will be thrilled about this resort in Ko Olina."

Designs for the resort are still being finalized by Walt Disney Imagineers, who have been traveling extensively throughout Hawaii for the past several months as they garner ideas to develop a resort celebrating Hawaii's vibrant culture and rich heritage. The team is working closely with local architects, engineers and cultural advisors, conducting research and exploring the region, building on a tradition that has long been a hallmark in the creation of everything from Disney films to Disney vacation destinations.

Plans for the resort hotel are expected to be finalized and revealed in early 2008.

"We are very excited about becoming part of the Ko Olina community," Rasulo said. "Clearly, Hawaii already has a special place in our hearts and in Disney's history. Building a resort hotel in Hawaii is the next chapter in our effort to create immersive Disney experiences that allow families to reconnect and recharge in the areas of the world they most long to visit."
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok people there was a post about sending me here. You have till 08 to save. I'll expect my tix's for the opening weekend. Wink
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Mickey be there? Bouncing Mickey Hawaii and Disney in one? How better could that get?
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I told my father about this, he couldnt stop beaming. He just got back this summer from his first trip to Hawaii and loved loved LOVED it. Now the fact that he could use his DVC point to stay out there....(and maybe take the rest of his family with him!)....needless to say, he (and I) can't wait!

How do you say "Please stand clear of the doors" in Hawaiian?
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you say "Please stand clear of the doors" in Hawaiian?

Haku anaya heea haya hoooa oucha meeka lika doora cleara
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahalo!
Incredibles
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see if they "characterize" the whole resort or if it'll be more upscale. I kinda think it'll be like the Polynesian on steroids. Without a doubt though, it'll be the best resort there!
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my guess is that it will be like the Hilton Head and Vero Beach resorts. You can tell its a Disney Property, but because there are characters everywhere. A little more on the simpler and understated side, with just a hint of characters here and there. Who knew they could do that!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they'll have a special luau featuring piglet!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
I wonder if they'll have a special luau featuring piglet!

I guess that would give new meaning to a Pooh-Pooh platter.

foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may do well over there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: