Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Replacement for the Rock 'n Roll Beach Club

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Replacement for the Rock 'n Roll Beach Club

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Replacement for the Rock 'n Roll Beach Club Reply with quote

This was posted over in the WDW Magic forums and they said it was from the Orlando Sentinel. I have yet to find the article on the Sentinel's website, but if it was in print, it may not show up until tomorrow. Until then, this may be a hoax, I will update tomorrow...

Quote:
April 8, 2008

"E-Brands, the multi-concept Orlando based restaurant group, will launch its newest location and concept at Walt Disney World in 2009. The eatery will feature authentic Central and South American cuisine, specialty tequilas, premium wines and live music.

"We're thrilled to have the opportunity to build upon our portfolio of 15 successful restaurants across the country -- including such brands as Timpano and Samba Room -- and our 25-year relationship with Walt Disney World Resort," said Rashid Choufani, CEO/Owner of E-Brands Restaurants and operator of Epcot's Morocco Pavilion. "We look forward to sharing our unique dining experience with Walt Disney World guests from around the globe.

E-Brands Restaurants newest concept will come to life with a boldly colored hacienda-style interior featuring rustic beams that contrast against modern fixtures, stone floors and windows that open to create an open-air environment. The 5,000-square-foot, two-story facility will have a tequila bar and outdoor seating along Village Lake.

No name has been announced for the new waterside eatery, but I love the diverse elements the company is promising and who can lose with waterside dining and premium tequila!"

Any of our "insiders" know or hear anything...?
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so we are now getting some confirmation on this new restaurant.

Quote:
New concept planned for Downtown Disney

E-Brands Restaurants LLC plans to open a new location and concept on Walt Disney World property next year.

The Orlando-based multi-concept restaurant group says the new 5,000-square-foot, two-story casual eatery will feature authentic Central and South American food, specialty tequilas, premium wines and live music on Downtown Disney's waterfront.

E-Brands representatives could not be reached on whether the restaurant is replacing an existing structure in the complex or whether it's a new building.

The restaurant also will feature a tequila bar and outdoor seating along Village Lake, according to a news release.

E-Brands Restaurants CEO and Owner Rashid Choufani, who also operates the Morocco Pavilion in Epcot, says in a prepared statement that the new restaurant will allow his company to build on its longtime relationship with Walt Disney World.

E-Brands Restaurants has a portfolio of 15 successful restaurants, including Timpano Chophouse and Martini Bar, Samba Room and Salsa Taqueria & Tequila Bar in Orlando. The company also has operations in Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, Rockville, Md., and Naperville, Ill.

Source: Orlando Business Journal; http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2008/04/21/daily28.html

Now, Screamscape has some thoughts on this. According to them, they think this will be a replacement for the BET Soundstage, instead of the Rock and Roll Beach Club. Mainly because the BET building is already setup for something along these lines... BET is already two floors and has some outdoor areas, where the RnR Beach is three floors...

Hopefully we will get more details in the near future...
DarthTiki
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard there have been discussions with Lucky Strike Lanes about a possible venue in PI. The former R&RBC would be the ideal location...

http://www.bowlluckystrike.com/
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is different from Bongos how?
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bongos features Cuban cuisine, while this new one features more Central and South American fare... I'm not an expert in international cuisine (except what I learned on Iron Chef), but I have been told that there are a lot of differences between Cuban and Central/South American cuisines.

I think Ellory might know someone who could confirm or shot down what I've been told... someone who might be able to add some information about this?
NMBC199387
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish something else would be going into the Rock and Roll Beach Club. It's bad enough we lost 1 club and a stage, idk how much more I can take =/ I think DTD has plenty of resturants as it is
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a concierge for Coronado a very large convention resort, more resturaunts are good news! Many convention guests don't want to go to the parks, but want to get away from our Pepper Market and Maya Grill. They also want easy and convenient transportation with no transfers. Downtown Disney is the #1 "conventioneer" dining spot for most Disney resorts.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If more restaurants can lessen the crowds at Le Cellier, then I'm all for it....

JUST DON'T TOUCH THE ADVENTURER'S CLUB!!!!!!

Ok, sorry, got a little carried away....
NMBC199387
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose your both right but the way I see it if they just keep closing the clubs then we'd just have the Comedy Wearhouse and the Adventurer's Club. Many people will not want to spend the $21+ to get into two clubs, so they'll just end up closing those as well. I'm just glad they haven't touched Jelly Rolls yet, but I'm sure that'll be next Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: