Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - AKL Construction?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

AKL Construction?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InfamousB
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: AKL Construction? Reply with quote

Hi all!! In less then a week we're off to WDW!! Laughing We're booked at AKL and I knew about the construction when we upgraded to this resort but I was just wondering if anyone had any problems with the construction? Most reviews I read reported no problem and I've only found two with noise complaints but I was wondering if anyone here had any first hand knowledge in the last couple of months?

Thanks,
Laura B.
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went in February and stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. WE LOVED IT !!! Hakuna matata, just a real long walk to our room. We were on the 5th floor faceing the savanah. No sound of construction at all. From our balcony, we could hear the sounds of the Animal Kingdom. The screams from Everest, Pocahontas singing, the little train on it's way to Conservation Station etc... but no construction sounds.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that's the downside to AKL...If you're in the back of the hotel...it's a long haul to walk to the front desk and main lobby area.

Worse yet is Coronado Springs..if you stay in the Ranchos all the wa on the other side of property...it's a half mile or so walk back to the Front Desk area there....Luckily there are bus stops if you dont have a rental car.
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theEpiphany wrote:
yeah that's the downside to AKL...If you're in the back of the hotel...it's a long haul to walk to the front desk and main lobby area.

Worse yet is Coronado Springs..if you stay in the Ranchos all the wa on the other side of property...it's a half mile or so walk back to the Front Desk area there....Luckily there are bus stops if you dont have a rental car.

You realy feel it late at night, after a long day at the parks. It seems like forever till you arrive at your room. ( Now that it is over, think'n back, it wasn't that bad.) I saw a dad and son laying on the carpet by the elevators, waiting for it to arrive, dead tired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: