Expedition Everest Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - CLOSING GOOFY'S LIBERATE YOUR APPETITE!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

CLOSING GOOFY'S LIBERATE YOUR APPETITE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Therewasatime
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: CLOSING GOOFY'S LIBERATE YOUR APPETITE! Reply with quote

Had to pass this on guys
- Copied from the Facebook Group "Save Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Character Dining Experience)
Goofy’s Liberate Your Appetite Character Dinner is a popular Character Dining experience located at Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom park, a part of Walt Disney World Resort in Central Florida.

Disney describes it as a chance to "Liberate your appetite! [and] Show your "Character" by joining Minnie and her friends dressed in their finest Revolutionary War-era garb — as you band together for a revolutionary dinner feast. Your Mouse hostess invites you to enjoy a hearty American meal of roasted turkey, marinated flank steak and other colonial favorites with all the trimmings. Make your declaration to eat here!" In addition to Minnie and Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale are in attendance each night.

As of January 2009 Disney plans to discontinue Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Character Dinner. This is a surprising move as Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Character Dinner is the only Character Dining experience in the Magic Kingdom park that you can dine with the “Traditional” Disney Characters from Disney's first cartoon shorts. It is also a very popular and successful Dining Experience that many have made into a family tradition. At this time no replacement Character Dining Experience is planned.

This will not only have an affect on the Characters and Cast Members at Liberty Tree Tavern but will also negatively affect the guest. Currently, it is planned to not change the menu or price for Dinner at Liberty Tree. This is a negative for the guest because not only are they paying for the same price for a lessened experience but they are also losing the only Dining Experience with the "traditional" Disney Characters.

This will also negatively affect the servers as the main selling point for Dinner is the World Famous Disney Characters. This could result in lower attendance with less income to the service team. This could be another potential blow to their standard of living when mixed with the new Disney Dinning Plan.

HERE IS THE ONLINE PETITION TO HELP PREVENT THIS, WE HAVE TO DO WHAT WE CAN
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/goofys-liberate-your-appetite-character-dinner-liberty-tree-tavern.html[url][/url]
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy we're booked for supper there before MNSSHP this year-- I think it sounds like a fun experience...

just goes to show...Disney is dynamic, experience it as much as you can--while you can!!

: )
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my father's favorite place. We eat there during our January visit every year. He is a huge Goofy fan and Goofy always jokes with him, steals dad's hat, etc. And my mother likes the fact that the chef comes out to discuss her food allergies.

I haven't broken the news to mom and dad yet, but we are planning on taking them to the "Spirit of Aloha" dinner show instead.

Maybe Disney will reinstate the characters if people stay away in droves.

We stopped going to breakfast at Ohana when they stopped serving Mickey waffles. Who ever heard of breakfast at WDW with no Mickey waffles.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with all the closings? Just yesterday I got an email about Pocahontas at AK closing, too.
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never big on character breakfasts.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, is it just me, or are all the things that make WDW "magical" being made just plain old stuff, not special or magical at all?

Attendance and profits are at, I believe, an all-time high...why reduce the experience? When 9/11 happened and people stopped traveling, Disney started offering MORE, now that things are good, they offer less? What's going to happen when American's stop going to WDW? Maybe they only care about the foreign money...

If you look at the management point of view, profits are the only thing that matters...not customer satisfaction, not retention, nothing but profit. If you talk to the castmembers who actually deal with the guests, it's all about them. But management keeps taking away the things that can keep the castmembers thinking about the guests.

Normally, I'm upset when my AP expires...right now, I could care less.

DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's called "Decline by degrees" They keep taking things away little by little assuming (hoping) that we won't notice. It will lose the "magic" factor and eventually, attendance will be affected. It it so expensive just to GET there, you would think they would be lavishing stuff of those who do arrive. I have always gotten the DDP and enjoyed the convience of it. IMHO, the value of it has come into question as of late. We did the "Liberate your appetite" and I wasn't enamoured. I am a vegetarian. But, I would do it again since my wife loved it.

This is the second character experience, and dining option, that has gone away that we enjoyed. We always loved the Breakfastasaurus @ the Restaurantasuarus @ AK. It may reach a point that renting a car and (gasp!) dining outside the world is worthwhile.

I am bummed and I will circulate this petition!

onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just very sad that these things are happening...more so that it seems many in succession...even more so that there seems to be no reveal of new and exciting Disney adventures.

I was rather disenchanted whilst looking at the "safaris" available to those who stay at AKL. It seems if you're willing to spend top dollar they'll offer you a great experience for another wad of cash... they really don't cater to those who truly love the Parks and return again and again or use things like DVC to make those trips possible.

In reference to some of the previous comments...

a Disney breakfast without Mickey waffles is unheard of

DP not caring about his AP is unthinkable---things must be getting worse than I thought!

I'm really looking forward to our trip to WDW in Septober. (always a great month for a Disney trip) I think since I didn't grow up in these parks...it still seems a little new to me. I like that. It is sad to think how things will be in 10 years...

: (
MikeA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Walts idea of trying to PLUS the ride or experience has done a 180. It's like they try to see how far they can reduce the experience without getting caught.

It's more than just this one character meal, it's a ton of little things that we've all seen go by the wayside over the years. Shame on them... and I mean that in its most literal sense - shame on them.

I understand the need to make a buck as well as the next guy (or gal) but dont reduce the experience or the value... in the long run it will catch up to you.
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeA wrote:
It's more than just this one character meal, it's a ton of little things that we've all seen go by the wayside over the years. Shame on them... and I mean that in its most literal sense - shame on them.

I understand the need to make a buck as well as the next guy (or gal) but dont reduce the experience or the value... in the long run it will catch up to you.

Well said! Hear, Hear!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: