Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - IF THIS DON"T GET YOU MAD...NOTHING WILL!!!!!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

IF THIS DON"T GET YOU MAD...NOTHING WILL!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: IF THIS DON"T GET YOU MAD...NOTHING WILL!!!!! Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZw9oaw78tc
DznyDiva
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that does make me mad, as my mom NEEDS one in order to go to the parks and we usually rent one. SO if they were to not have one, which happened once at the MK. We would have to leave. So if people who are able bodied are renting these, they should be ashamed.
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes me mad as well. I don't know every situation, but I hate seeing people buzzing around in these, running up my ankles, giving the grankids a ride, etc. There are legitimate reasons and I don't begrudge people who need them, although I do want to ask some people when fat became a handicap. You can't get a handicap parking tag without proof, maybe Disney will institue a policy about these.

Everybody is a victim.
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My feelings exactly. I got mad when I saw this guy flaunting the fact you invest $40.00 and anybody can get one.... and then proceeds to show off in it. and brag that ANYBODY can get one.... What about the individuals who really need it and it is no longer there because some lazy, dork like this guy on the video has them all .... SAD!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
Too many folks use there simply wanted to get to the front of the line or wanted the preferential treatment, or because they are lazy.

I think requiring a handicap card or form is a reasonable restriction to ask for - and would applaud that type of a restriction, but I don't think Disney has the, ummmm... the UAB Censor would remove the work here, to actually impliment a policy like that.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different camps on this. Some handicapped people feel that it's bad enough they have a disability, why should they have to disclose it publicly, some would rather not divulge the handicap, and others have no issue what so ever with letting people know they need the help. Then there are those who say if they are available to rent, why do I need a reason...cause it's none of your business. Then there are those who bring their own or rent one from an outside company (which in many cases is cheaper).

Personally, if you've got a handicap plate/plaque, you can get an electric cart/wheelchair. If local government feels you can walk, then so should Disney!

Now, to be fair, I know there are MANY people who get the assistance because they need it to get around, but when they get to an attraction, they park the chair and walk in like everyone else.

Now, I haven't seen the video yet (not been on at home and YouTube is blocked here), so I'm not sure what it's about, but if everyone is upset over it, I'm sure I will be too.

zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When our family visited WDW last summer, every single day that we Went to Epcot we saw people just like that racing around World Showcase in them. And they looked like very abled-bodied college students. Now i could be wrong, and they could have been totally disabled, but why do you need to put the "Pedal to the Metal" and ram over everyone if you are?
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everyone. I found this upsetting that this person thought it was funny to abuse the privlieges that the handicapped have and need. If I saw this guys filming this I woulda liked to Boot his Rump outta the thing!!!! But thats just me I act before thinking alot Don't Know !!
C33
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to weigh in as neutrally as a can here, if you ride the comments of the video the man DOES have a pertinent medical condition that requires a wheelchair (he was born with it and it makes walking painful).

Now I agree that encouraging people without medical conditions to get ECVs is perhaps being insensitive to those who do have them, but nonetheless the man not only had the right to get an ECV anyway, but DID have a medical condition that requires one.
TickledPinkRabbit
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was at WDW last fall, my DH and I were appalled at the number of seemingly able bodied people in those ECVs. They really are a nuisance! I think Disney needs to change their policy so that people have to show some sort of proof of need - whether it be a handicapped tag from their car or a note from a doctor.

On a side note - I thought the hover chairs in Wall-E were some very interesting social commentary!
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me mad as well.

I speaks volumes for what they already say about this country being over
weight when the fat lazy people in the world will cough up the $40.00 for the
EVC insted of walking the parks.
And it burns me even more when they will play it up to get a pass around the lines.
In the end I don't know how they look them selves in the mirror every morning?
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TickledPinkRabbit wrote:

On a side note - I thought the hover chairs in Wall-E were some very interesting social commentary!

At the Rate DIsney is going with new trechnologies, you will be able to rent those to!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American author Henry David Thoreau (Walden Pond) wrote back in the 1800's that with man riding or taking a carriage everywhere, we would one day be a race of people without use of legs.

Shades of Wall*E.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no issue with the folks that have a valid need for these devices. It is those that don't that raise my ire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: