Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Toy Story Mania Reviews Post em Here!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Toy Story Mania Reviews Post em Here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Toy Story Mania Reviews Post em Here! Reply with quote

Well...we had the preview thread so here's the REVIEW thread.

Well for those of you who are interested in seeing the DHS version of the attraction

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZCrf6m9OU

Anyone have any reviews yet?

So far, I'll be honest, based on what I've seen I'm not OVERLY impressed with the attraction. A. Technology over true set-design B. Disney capitalizing on the success of Pixar movies and ONLY pixar movies and looking less for fresh ideas within it's own walls. And we're not done yet, with things like the Car Land that'll be taking over the Timon parking lot in DCA. All in all it looks a bit low-budget where all of the $$ was put into technological design and novelty to me. I realize that there's not a whole heck of a lot as this is sort of what Midway attractions were themed (posters and banners etc) but the in ride theming (mainly what I'm talking about) seemed like it could have more than just "screens" and random toys.

1 Big plus I'm all for is the Potatohead Animatronic. Any Animatronic that can yank off it's ear...and put it back is cool with me. Not to mention the 1000s of things it is capable of saying.

Looking for what everyone else's opinion is.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone been able to ride this yet? We were out there right after opening and the lines were crazy! Park had only been open for 30 mins, the Fast Passes were already up to 2:30pm and the stand by was over 80 mins! We didn't wait in line and didn't plan on being at the park that long... besides, we're APs, we don't stand in lines Wink Smile

I know there have been concerns about capacity issues with the ride.... Is it a "design flaw" or just people starving for something new at DHS? I would like to see how it has effected the hourly totals for ToT and RnRC... Smile
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode it on June 6th. I never saw the DisneyQuest one, but I thought it was good fun - like an upgrade of Buzz Lightyear. I guess they did what they could given the small space.

As far as the lines, try the single rider line. The regular line was 110 minutes, but I got on within 5 in the singles line. The ride seems to be a bit of a bottleneck in terms of getting people on and off with how it stops and stays stationary for a few secs...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but I still had a lot of fun!!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We rode it twice in June. Went back for a 3rd ride, but it was down and had been for a long time.

Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim and I rode ToyStory Midway Mania on Monday, and we really enjoyed it! Our timing was good...we only waited about 45 minutes. All day long the wait was more like 60-90 minutes!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to ride five times this last trip at DCA. The lines in the mornings were incredible. On Sunday we went over to DCA at ten to try ot beat the heat...the line for Toy Story was already three hours long BEFORE THE PARK EVEN OPENED!!!

Our average wait was 45 minutes. In the afternoon it wasn't bad--the line moves steadily and the queue is in the shade. The single rider line was not yet open at DCA, though we tried once and the cast member goofed--they had to let up through and we cut out a 65 minute wait (oops Smile )

I really enjoyed it. I liked the different games that there are to participate in and it was fun to see the little surprises that happen when different targets are hit. It is fast paced, yet I felt like I did a lot in the short time the ride lasts. Each time I played my score went up, which was fun!

I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the Mr. Potato Head animatronic! I hope they work out the bugs so he doesn't have as much down time. He told jokes, talked to the crowd and asked questions--the area was pretty noisy, so he couldn't hear responses...still VERY cool! I am hoping the market a Barker Potato to add to my collection!

I still enjoy Buzz Lightyear a lot too... I think they did super well for using the success of Toy Story. What I am really hoping for in the future, however is a great new ride with an ORIGINAL theme that is not ambiguous and really works! I think Everest is great...

I totally recommend it...and hope everyone has as much fun as I did!

: )
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now been on it 4 times at DCA. Very creative ride, and a step up from BLAB. Now DCA just needs some fastpasses for it.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeppelindude wrote:
I have now been on it 4 times at DCA. Very creative ride, and a step up from BLAB. Now DCA just needs some fastpasses for it.

Yah...'cause there is so much space over on the pier! Sadly, I believe this area has the same issue that Fantasyland at DL has...no space for a Fast Pass ticketing area or a queue.

This ride is scheduled to have single rider...for those who just want to go-go-go!

zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecutemoose wrote:
zeppelindude wrote:

Yah...'cause there is so much space over on the pier! Sadly, I believe this area has the same issue that Fantasyland at DL has...no space for a Fast Pass ticketing area or a queue.

This ride is scheduled to have single rider...for those who just want to go-go-go!

You never know. They pulled the Roger Rabiit Fastpasses out of the hat, sitting right there blending in eith the scenery. And same with Autopia. They just tagged it right on with Innoventions. But if Buzz Lighyear has em, then TSMM should. Also, as of Tuesday, Single Rider is open (although i can't imagine the line being any shorter than the normal queue. Lots of people were in it.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: