Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - The Brownieboy69 TRIP REPORT is HERE!!!!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

The Brownieboy69 TRIP REPORT is HERE!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: The Brownieboy69 TRIP REPORT is HERE!!!! Reply with quote

Back by popular demand ( I made that up Smile ) My annual trip report.

For those of you who know my history YES! the camera made it back... and no I never found the other one... I can only hope the space mountain refurb makes it turn up.

I returned yesterday from a glorious 6 night trip to WDW. We arrived Tuesday night 9:20 via Southwest ( cattle call anyone??)( for those that are in the know, I highly recommend checking in online exactly 24 hrs before your flight saves tremendous amounts of time) We arrived no problems a little cloudy but hot! Used dollar for our car rental great experience ( did I mention the airport was a ghost town?) Maybe IKE scared a few people away this time. Anyway we stayed at STAR ISLAND Resort & SPA right on 192 (Irlo Bronson) and Vineland (535) FABULOUS resort. Great ammenities, Jet skis fishing daily activities Great pools and adult beverage locations.

Wednesday we did Magic Kingdom, now mind you I am doing it with my wife and 2 1/2 year old daughter and our Nanny . It is HOT 93 degrees and humid and I sweat when i blink..... Wink We have 8:05 Breakfast ADR's at Crystal palace as ususal. It was great. At 9:00 we were preparing to get ready for rope drop and realized there was noone there to make the "dash" against. This place was deserted..... We had the pick of attractions with absolutely no waits..... PERIOD!!! September is my new favorite month. Little did we know that every attraction in the park would be a walk on. We did Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Magic carpets, Splash, BTMR all by 10:15 We did Peter pan, Pooh, Snow White and IASW by 11:00 and Dumbo and Mickeys philharmagic and 10 mind you 10!!!! rides on the carousel by noon. We then traversed over to Tommorrowland and rode Space mountain 7 times in a row, TTA , Monsters Inc and carousell of Progress . We headed to Haunted mansion and rode it twice with no waits. by 1:45 with a hot and crabby 2 1/2 year old in tow we successfully rode all that we wanted to ride. We hewaded back to the resort for lunch to return later refreshed and ready for Toontown and Wishes. After we arrived at the resort the skys opened up and rained till 5:45. We arrived back at the park at 6:15 and atttempted to Toontown it, but the skys opened up once again and locked everyone into the judges tents and other charector locations and the wait times soared to 90 minutes plus. ( seems that was where everyone was) We waited for the rain to stop at 7:35 and decided to hit everything in Fantasyland again. All walk ons!!! at 8:45 we were right of the partners statue just in front of the bridge to tommorrowland for wishes. Great show as always and an easy exit out of the park since noone was there.

Thursday -Disneys Hollywood studios
Hot Hot Hot!!! We realized since IKE may scared some people away the need to arrive at opening may not be necessary. We were right!!! we got in at 10:15 and by 11:15 had RRC and ToT ridden 3 times each!!! We took in Disneys new Playhouse disney show ( 2 1/2 years olds absolutely favorite) Great show if you have not seen it yet. Cool Mickeys clubhouse puppets!!! Handy Manny and Tigger and Pooh!! too.
Lunch at 50;s prime time with NO ADR's!!! 5 minute wait!! I LOVE SEPTEMBER!! Razz Razz We decided to go try Toy Story mania and it was 60 minutes and fastpasses were after we wanted to be out of there. So we did the Play area where you are minature for about 45 minutes. We did the great movie ride after that .2 1/2 year old did not like that one... Not recommended for that age group. She was scared beyond belief .... Too much shooting in the gangster areas. We decided to call it a day at about 3:00 to go check out the other resorts. We walked around Wilderness lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. We finished by 5:30 or 6:00 and headed back for a swim and dinner.

Friday- Disneys Boardwalk Resort

We decided on an easy day and just toured the boardwalk (again GHOSTTOWN) at 11:00 in the morning. We rented a bike and did 1 lap and was ready to pass out. Those hills were just too much, I swear i looked over and saw i was the only one peddling up the big hills .... Twisted Evil We got some taffy at the candy store and walked the Beach /Yacht club resorts. Looked into the Dolphin resort and headed back to the condo. Very Hot that day 95!!!

Friday Night- We decided to do OLD TOWN, for those not familiar its on 192 and is full of old school carnival rides and the latest in sling shot and catapult type rides... Great elevated go kart tracks and tremendous sidewalk shopping. Our daughter loved it, lots of rides on the carousel and other round and round type rides. 15$ for a wristband and you can ride all the rides you wanted. My wife blew out her flip flop ( the cord that goes between the big and second toes came undone, so we had to search the stores ,( like she hated doing that!!) we found a pair to finish the night out for 12.00$ Oh well a woman and her shoes.... The highlight of the night had to be the cheap Pizza Buffet right across the street we found it was called IC pizza buffet ( not CiCi's if you have of that one) this was $4.79 all you can eat and the pizza was actually decent... salad and chicken wings. ( which were fantastic) A cheap dinner after a fun day. I reccommend highly!!

Saturday- My wife hit the outlet malls I hit the pool with the kid!!! We lounged at the pool and hung out all afternoon. No parks, no crowds no heat nothing!!! Just pure relaxation . I was well rested for the bombshell that the wife was about to suggest we do for the evenings festivities! Go to see the Casey Anthony house ( the woman who didn't report her 3 yr old missing for 31 days) I know what your thinking, but you gotta understand my wife.. She is a TRUE CRIME NUT!!!! she is fascinated with crime stories and stuff like that. We live in Bolingbrook Illinois 1 block from Drew Peterson ( supposedly killed his 3rd wife -who is still missing since last October) After his 2nd wife died mysteriously in the bathtub, We have to take our weekend walks right by his house all the time, she spewnds her time on online with Greta von setern and Nancy Grace since they always cover these high profile cases. Anyway we drove out there to see what was going on, A crazy spectacle if I do say so myself. 4 lawnchairs and 4 people just sitting on the sidewalk facing thier front door and staring...... Shocked For what who knows.... News crews up the wazoo in front a pure media circus... So that made the Mrs happy and sucked most of the gas out of the rental... Which I must tell ya Gas prices in Orlando sure beat Chicago $3.59 compared to 4.20......

Sunday -
Just my wife and I hitting all the parks in One day COMMANDO!!!!!
we started with rope drop at MK and did All the favorites. I even let her shop on Main Street. All rides were walk ons again!! Even on a sunday. We finished with the 11:40 showing of Dream along with Mickey on the castle stage. Next up DHS- We hit ToT and RRC 4 times each and was out by 3:00 we decided to go to AK next since we hadnt ben there yet and we wanted to hit EE and see the Nemo Show our mistake, we thought it closed at 7pm it actually closed at 5pm We had to hustle... We got there at 3:30 and went right to EE rode it 2 times ( 20 minute wait times) headed to dinosaur at 4:22 saw the wait time was 20 minutes and my wife told me we would divorce if I made her miss nemo so we skipped dinosaur waited for nemo 4:45 and loved every minute of it. Great show!! We were out od Nemo at 5:25 and the park was still emptying out we checked a few shops looked at our photopass photos and then split at about 6:00 We were trying to get up the energy for EPCOT but i just could not pull it off... The heat and running did us in. We headed back to condo for drinks, dinner and packing for Monday was return to civilization day!
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like quite a trip, glad you had a good time.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dead is right the royal plaza and double tree are all ghost towns i sometimes feel i work out of the haunted mansion not the rp or dt hotels hehehe

well i hope the conventions kick in soon

but im happy to hear that you had so much fun

i really do love what they did with the haunted mansion though

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have mentioned that too, I loved the new attic scene, The sound was great , the ghost host goes around the entire room... The Attic was faulous with all the pictures of the past husbands and such... Look closely and you can see all the wedding albums with the names and dates of marriage and all the gifts from each wedding.

Also we rode on Pirates and the mist effect with Davy Jones was not working the 2nd and 3rd time through Mad

It was a great time, and youu will never see me at WDW in July ever again!!!! September Rocks!!!!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you had a good time... (And to hear you brought a Space mountain proof camera...)
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a great trip, Brownieboy! My husband and I usually go to WDW in September - better weather and much less crowded. Of course, this year I am dragging him to DL instead. Smile Your description of the "new" Mansion sounds great... I missed the re-opening by two days last year and haven't gotten to ride it yet. I can't wait til I get back down there!
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you had fun! A Dream of mine is to go to WDW in the off season, but i will probably have to wait until school is up for that to happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: