Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - I can't access the broadcast

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

I can't access the broadcast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> White Courtesy Phone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: I can't access the broadcast Reply with quote

As before, I still can't get into the broadcast. When I click on the listen button, the first thing that pops up is this:

Save wants me to save the file (listen.pls) on my hard drive. Clicking Open opens up Power DVD with this screen:

From there, nothing seems to work.

Any ideas??
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rita,

You're missing the mime/type file type association needed to start an application needed to play a broadcast stream.

Downloading and installing winamp is about the easiest thing. IF there's a file association selection in the application that you use, you can also use that, OR you can download the UAB toolbar.

Let us know what you think.

-D
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Mrghost 1000 here, trying to get Rita's PC to play the broadcasts. Testing with WinAmp I was successful in getting Mono audio to play for about 1 minute, then it stopped. I started it again this time Stereo, but this also stopped after about a minute of play. Now, I am unable to get any audio at all, and am instead always getting an "ICY403 Service Forbidden - Connection Closed" error. I looked through the FAQs but did not see anything covering this error. What did we break Question
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug, have Rita check her private messages. We can help you. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have also found that it works fine using WinAmp. However if you are using Real Player or Window Media Player it sometimes works to simply remove the listen.pls from the end of the URL

So it would be http://www.uabmagic.com:8010/

Then bookmark it Wink

DisneyDave...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
asherdulac
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Windows Media Player says I need a codec to play the broadcast but it doesn't tell me which one. Any help?
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted an announcement on the home page that the broadcast is down. We'll let you know when it's back. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> White Courtesy Phone All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: